Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• counterflow chiller for sale

Hi

I while back I bought a homemade counterflow wort chiller from someone on the forum (I was looking for a keg and he had this as well).

Basically, I'm now in the market for a immersion chiller rather, cleaning the inside of all the copper tubes is a pain. And during our last house move half the fittings and attachments went missing...

The chiller is 3/8" ID copper coil cut into 1.8m lengths with 1" black irrigation pipe with a bunch of t-fittings and those rubbers you put over a steel chairs feet. They go over the copper pipe(tight) and into the 1" T fittings.

It gets mounted on a wooden board in a zig zag style so gravity can do its work. You just need some clear tubing for connecting the ends of the 1.8m copper tubing (I no longer have them). From your kettle you then have a valve that connects to the cooler.

You clean the inside of the copper tubing by disconnecting the clear tubing at the ends and then sanitise as usual. And once the wort exits the bottom of the cooler it is +-22degC. I run a garden hose to the bottom inlet and another from the top outlet to my garden. I bought a small washing machine pump to pump from the bottom to my bucket. One can probably make the rig smaller to make the wort exit directly into a bucket then gravity will work good enough once the wort starts flowing.

The cooler is quite bulky, not sure if it will suit everyone, about 2m end to end:
    chiller.jpg
    Looking for around R550. This is for the copper tube, with black irrigation pipe, T-fittings and rubber stops. (not included is the plywood board, clear tubing for the ends, clamps onto board, pump etc.)
    dieWerner
    Last edited by dieWerner; 29 June 2016, 07:18.

Screenshot_34.png

?? No Image
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

edited: re-uploaded image, on my side it shows up fine?

Comment

It's working now
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Working...
        X