Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reliable Engineering Company

Hi Guys,

Hoping I might get some assistance here. I am looking at getting some rollers turned, with knurling as well. I figured it would be well suited to a small engineering shop and googled and RFQ'd a few that looked like good candidates. Zero response from any of them. Wow I thought engineering firms were desperate for work.

Can anyone recommend a suitable company, preferably that you have had dealings with, in or around either Northgate or Alberton/Alrode areas in Johannesburg.

Thanks in advance

Lang
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

I suppose you want to make a mill. Pm me I may have a person in Bloemfontein that can help. I will only be able to help next week.

Comment

I’ve done quite a bit work with engineers. In my my experience, small jobs are expensive.
      For a mill, expect to pay 2 grand or up for just 2 small rollers.

Comment

Originally posted by CraftyZA View Post
        I’ve done quite a bit work with engineers. In my my experience, small jobs are expensive.
        For a mill, expect to pay 2 grand or up for just 2 small rollers.
        Yea. Ironically I work for a manufacturing engineering co. But we are kitted out for high volumes so it would cost me around R3k each
        Cheers,
        Lang
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Just buy a mill. Unless you like faffing around and this build is just for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
            Just buy a mill.
            ???? but that would just be too simple Actually testing out making a more cost effective one that the overpriced examples available. Got everything else at this stage just not the rollers.... and also for fun
            Cheers,
            Lang
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Langchop View Post
              ???? but that would just be too simple Actually testing out making a more cost effective one that the overpriced examples available. Got everything else at this stage just not the rollers.... and also for fun
              Go to a motor rewinding shop. Tell them what you want. You get the inner parts of electric motors that look like they were designed for malt crushing. And you will get it for R 200 bucks or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
                Go to a motor rewinding shop. Tell them what you want. You get the inner parts of electric motors that look like they were designed for malt crushing. And you will get it for R 200 bucks or so.

That sounds great!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post

Thanks bigfoot. Unfortunately I designed and made the bodies already thinking rollers would be easy enough to get made as required

I got some quotes back for R150 to R250 for 20 off or R500 ish for one each. So might be some viable options.
                  Cheers,
                  Lang
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                  X