Type of element

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Type of element

Hi. Can someone shed light on the idea of using a plain immersion element vs hard water element? I believe the hard water element has a lower wattage per sq than normal elements. Was thinking to reduce caramelized wort with the hard water element.

Originally posted by JohnDoe View Post
    Hi. Can someone shed light on the idea of using a plain immersion element vs hard water element? I believe the hard water element has a lower wattage per sq than normal elements. Was thinking to reduce caramelized wort with the hard water element.
    Hard water elements are more resistant to corrosion than normal elements. Not got anything to wattage per unit area. There are a number of sources that state the risk of caramelization is overstated. Kal from the electric brewery is one of them, even though he uses LWD elements.
    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Comment

There is some good stuff out there on Mg anodes to prevent corrosion. http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/fo...ic.php?t=24644
      "I’m Allergic to grass. Hey, it could be worse. I could be allergic to beer." – Greg Norman

Comment

Working...
      X