• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauteng Sa on tap 2016

http://www.saontap.co.za/#!pretoria-festival/c1uoh

early bird tickets:

https://www.quicket.co.za/events/208...etoria-2016/#/

The venue is the same as for Capital Craft and is great, perfect for a beer festival.

Are you going to organize their BJCP tasting as well?

Comment

Originally posted by AtronSeige View Post
      Are you going to organize their BJCP tasting as well?
      Are you mad? I'm not even a proper BJCP Judge.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
        Are you mad? I'm not even a proper BJCP Judge.
        I think I organized my first one before I got my results. And remember: IT IS 2 BJCP POINTS FOR YOU!

Comment

I think I organized my first one before I got my results. And remember: IT IS 2 BJCP POINTS FOR YOU!
          If it was a small Worthogs festival, then fine. But a national level craft beer festival? No way.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
            If it was a small Worthogs festival, then fine. But a national level craft beer festival? No way.
            Hee hee.

I will ask Chris. I need judging points, so I would prefer not to organize.

Comment

OK so where do we all meet?

Elbie and I are playing steward for the judging. So we'll be finished by about 12h00.

Baaaachus is judging I think.

Anybody else gonna be there?

Comment

We are not going any more.

Yes, BAAA-chus was supposed to judge, but I am on antibiotic, so I am not driving him to a festival to judge while I sit in the corner and drink water!

Comment

We are not going any more.

Yes, BAAA-chus was supposed to judge, but I am on antibiotic, so I am not driving him to a festival to judge while I sit in the corner and drink water!
                  shame

I'd take Baaa-chus but he's a piss-cat and drinks way too much.

Comment

- Wrong weekend: it was Suicide Weekend and it was the Curry Cup final: a major exodus started @ around 2pm
                    - music was crappy: if you do have bands, make sure they don't all sound the same

The brewers on the whole were not happy with the turnout and the volume of beer consumed.

The competition:

2 x Pilnser and a Kolsch were in the top 3, in accordance with the brief of "German Oktoberfest/Summer beer".

1st place: Hazeldean's Premium Pilsner: new kids on the block did very well
                    2nd place: Nottingham's Pye-Eyed Possum Pilsner (but my personal favourite): new brewer and it shows
                    3rd place: Riot's Kolsch

I must admit, I was surprised at the very average standard of beers. But in retrospect, brewers are like any business and need to reduce costs while maintaining flavour.

Comment

The beer glasses were 400ml. Is that standard? There were too many breweries, but I'm wondering if it was also smaller glasses.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kingcur View Post
                        The beer glasses were 400ml. Is that standard? There were too many breweries, but I'm wondering if it was also smaller glasses.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk
                        R25 for 400ml is about standard.

Same amount of brewers as SA on Tap JHB and Capital Craft.

Just a bad weekend. As any pub what their worst weekend is: the one before payday.

Comment

Working...
                        X