Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Vienna...ale?

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Saflager S-23. It's a "true lager yeast" but can be fermented warmer if need be.
    Says More beer's website sales mumbo jumbo....

S-23 is a very nice yeast and you should get a fairly clean beer out of it at 15C, 34/70 would have been a better choice if you had to ferment around 15C and higher but Its great that you didn't ferment warmer.

34/70 brought out the malts a bit better for me. I did a side by side on a Lite Lager sometime ago but cant remember where I posted it.

Good luck on Lagering it for 3 or 4 months. Send me a six pack Ill look after it for you
    Last edited by Harhm; Today at 10:24.
    I love brewing session beers and lagersTime is on your side, never rush a beer Have fun, its only beer

Quote Originally Posted by Harhm View Post
    Says More beer's website sales mumbo jumbo....

S-23 is a very nice yeast and you should get a fairly clean beer out of it at 15C, 34/70 would have been a better choice if you had to ferment around 15C and higher but Its great that you didn't ferment warmer.

34/70 brought out the malts a bit better for me. I did a side by side on a Lite Lager sometime ago but cant remember where I posted it.

Good luck on Lagering it for 3 or 4 months. Send me a six pack Ill look after it for you
    LOL unfortunately for me, I only have 11l in this batch. That means a 4.5l portion of it will go into a mini keg, and the rest will be bottled. Doing the testing thing once in a while means the ~12 bottles I'll get from it won't last long. I'll store one or two for a while, but I suspect the rest will go quickly. I'm pretty bummed, because how the taste even thus far is, but at least I know now how great this simple recipe actually is. Definitely making it again!

Been doing some reading up on lagers given that I am due to be using my first lager(ish) yeast soon too. Interesting take on the sometimes quite heated 'What's a lager' debate

https://www.homebrewing.org/Lagering...s_ep_58-1.html
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Generic Reason for Editing: Because no matter how hard I try to check, the second I click 'Post Reply', I see a gazillion typos.
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...." ; Trying to perfect the super quick and easy small batch all-grain brew method
    www.ginormity.com