Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bredell Rd Somerset West
    Posts
    139

    Post


    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Merrifield View Post
    Good morning all.I am urgently looking for a replacement tap for a kegger chiller.A friend has loaned this unit to meand it has been in storage for over 20 years.Sadly the tap on the unit is shot.As the unit is not mine I'm not willing to spend loads of money on this repair.Does anyone perhaps have a tap lying around going begging?Attached are pictures of what I'm looking for.Thanks.Wayne.Attachment 2092Attachment 2093
    I too have a broken Cornelius tap, identical to the one in the pic. Send me a PM with your contact number and we can see what is broken, maybe mine has the part you need. I suspect it was pressure related, I can't recall exactly which piece 'broke'. Getting it to Joburg is the next hurdle, your R5 budget may be stretched slightly!!.
    I spent 90% of my money on brewing and drinking beer and the other 10% I wasted

  2. #12
    Senior Member JIGSAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by AtronSeige View Post
    It is quiet difficult to determine details from the photos, but as mentioned, I may have parts that will fit. Unfortunately the taps that I have are not as cheap as you want.

    There are these taps that might work: https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...1ff4c4fdMlyMnn
    I know the link is for 5000 items, but it give you an idea.
    Try contacting suppliers of the beer towers (those 3 liter containers you put on your table) in South Africa. I have seen them around, just not sure where.

    Finally,
    It may sound harsh, but if it was in storage for 20 years, chances are they will never use it again; so just tell them that the plastic cracked and give it back.
    This ... what do they expect after 20yrs ... I wouldn't drink anything from that after 20yrs.
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!


  3. #13
    As a sentimental piece, I can understand your desire to mend it, I hope you get sorted, but as others said a newer tap would do wonders for the experience. The barrel being a wooden ice receptacle for the plate chiller only. Do check out some homebrewing facebook pages as many guys sell their equipment on it.

    She'll be right mate

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  4. #14
    Hahaha @jigsaw. I've replaced all the parts that come in contact with the beer apart from the aluminium chiller plate. This I have had thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. Run it through with bleach a few times and then again with boiling water so all is good on that front. All pipes are new too. Jus the tap that now needs replacing.


    Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    This ... what do they expect after 20yrs ... I wouldn't drink anything from that after 20yrs.

  5. #15
    Thanks for getting back to me @ AtronSeige. Would I be able to send you beeter pictures to see if your spares might fit? If so, could I mail them or perhaps WhatsApp them?

    Quote Originally Posted by AtronSeige View Post
    It is quiet difficult to determine details from the photos, but as mentioned, I may have parts that will fit. Unfortunately the taps that I have are not as cheap as you want.

    There are these taps that might work: https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...1ff4c4fdMlyMnn
    I know the link is for 5000 items, but it give you an idea.
    Try contacting suppliers of the beer towers (those 3 liter containers you put on your table) in South Africa. I have seen them around, just not sure where.

    Finally,
    It may sound harsh, but if it was in storage for 20 years, chances are they will never use it again; so just tell them that the plastic cracked and give it back.

  6. #16
    Senior Member JIGSAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    1,432

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Merrifield View Post
    Hahaha @jigsaw. I've replaced all the parts that come in contact with the beer apart from the aluminium chiller plate. This I have had thoroughly cleaned and disinfected. Run it through with bleach a few times and then again with boiling water so all is good on that front. All pipes are new too. Jus the tap that now needs replacing.
    In that case I would fit a copper plate with a smaller hole to cover the bigger hole from old tap and then fit a normal tap as previously posted. A nice copper plate that fit in with the bands on the barrel
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •