G Type vs A type Coupler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G Type vs A type Coupler

Do not know much about details of keging.

Franke Blefa 30L slim line keg with A type coupler is R300 cheaper than one with G type coupler.

Is one better than the other, what would be the prefered coupler.
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

At Bevplus the A type is more expensive than the G type. There is no real difference in the operation of the 2 types of couplers.

Generally speaking SAB uses G type and so does most other craft breweries in SA. So if you buy a keg from SAB or other brewery you will for the most part be able to dispense it at home with a G type. Windhoek uses a S type.

If space is a problem and you are looking to buy slim line kegs rather go for a Corne Keg, They do take less beer but its far easier to clean
    Harhm
    Last edited by Harhm; 6 November 2019, 10:24.
    2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Originally posted by Harhm View Post
      At Bevplus the A type is more expensive than the G type. There is no real difference in the operation of the 2 types of couplers.

Generally speaking SAB uses G type and so does most other craft breweries in SA. So if you buy a keg from SAB or other brewery you will for the most part be able to dispense it at home with a G type. Windhoek uses a S type.

If space is a problem and you are looking to buy slim line kegs rather go for a Corne Keg, They do take less beer but its far easier to clean
      Thanks. I did not think of the cleaning aspect, yes the corny has a big opening which will make cleaning a breeze.
      Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Working...
      X