Thread: Grainfather G70

Grainfather G70

David Heath is not impressed and he is not the only one .....

This item is not good for the Grainfather name
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

I have never used a grainfarther so I cannot give comments.
    I have however researched them, personnaly I would not purchase one, the only benifit for me would be exact temp control in mashing. The functionality like wifi, timer etc. is of no interest to me.
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

That G70, looks like a pile of pain, steering clear of this one. Like I mention on DH's page - a piss poor attempt of imitation, this is not a grainfather product.

Brewtools 40 or 80 when my G30 dies.
    Precise mash temp control, auto step mashing, delayed start, quick chilling, small footprint, reliable results - these are things the G30 is well regarded for, you also dont need to have bluetooth / app to do these things either, I do like the 'history / record' of my brews being done without me worrying about it.

Not to mention the option to distill on it - which is great.

yeah for the price you can build a decent 3 tier system using SS tanks and large urns with solenoid pumps and electronic temp control using Arduino or similar microprocessors.......in fact, that's a nice idea for a cottage industry, if only we had a growing number of homebrewers with enough disposable income............

G70

Agree with everyone. I have a g30 and think itís amazing. However the g70 just doesnít seem wow to me. I think they need to iron out a lot of issues. Lastly when it comes to people reviews I rather review it myself.