party keg connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• party keg connect

I see that Brew Keg Tap has a fitting they call the Party Keg Connect, that connects a party keg to regulator so it can be easily dispensed.
    Has anyone used this system?
    Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
    Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

I have used this system it works well , but you need a regulator to control the pressure going into the keg for either carbonation or dispensing. I never went higher than 10psi on carbing and around 3-4 for dispensing.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Comment

Using a party keg isn't a party at all - from what I've seen it's a massive pita. <- My unhelpful comment of the day

Comment

I'd rather deal with the party kegs than bottle a whole batch of beer. Having said that I have moved onto corney kegs and not looked back.

Comment

I quite enjoy my party kegs. Works OK if you learn how to carb it. If you use the same volume of sugar to beer ratio that you carb in bottles, you'll have endless headaches. I, for one, use only 1/4th of the amount of sugar. Yes, the beers aren't very gassy but I quite like it that way. If I open the keg I punch in the plug, let the CO2 escape and then sink the spear, let it sit for a few minutes and then it's ready to dispense. If we empty the keg in one night, I often don't need to use any external CO2 from the canisters at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
            I quite enjoy my party kegs. Works OK if you learn how to carb it. If you use the same volume of sugar to beer ratio that you carb in bottles, you'll have endless headaches. I, for one, use only 1/4th of the amount of sugar. Yes, the beers aren't very gassy but I quite like it that way. If I open the keg I punch in the plug, let the CO2 escape and then sink the spear, let it sit for a few minutes and then it's ready to dispense. If we empty the keg in one night, I often don't need to use any external CO2 from the canisters at all.
            I agree 100% with that

Comment

The most I've bottled ever was 6 beers, overbuilt a batch for that reason. I truly detest bottling. My batch sizes now are made to fit a keg and no more. If I want to take beer somewhere, I fill a growler or two from the keg and that's the end of that

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas View Post
                I see that Brew Keg Tap has a fitting they call the Party Keg Connect, that connects a party keg to regulator so it can be easily dispensed.
                Has anyone used this system?
                I built my own using brass hydraulic barbed fittings and beerline and John Guest connectors. WhatsApp Image 2020-02-13 at 16.44.40.jpg

Comment

how did it work out cost wise?
                  and functionally?
                  Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                  I built my own using brass hydraulic barbed fittings and beerline and John Guest connectors. [ATTACH=CONFIG]2276[/ATTACH]
                  Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
                  Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas View Post
                    how did it work out cost wise?
                    and functionally?
                    very affordable: biggest cost was actually the barbed connector that goes through the bung, if I recall it was under R100 per unit all in (I made 2 or 3)
                    works perfectly: actually did a test on a party keg and maxed out the pressure on my CO2 regulator and 5kg bottle and nothing popped or came loose, then we used 2 of those to dispense beer from party kegs on the Shosholoza Express down to African Brew in 2018 (Sodastream gas and the BKT regulator)

Perfect for small groups, festivals etc

Comment

There are some tricks to the build though, and you'll need a power drill.......

Comment

Trick is the very careful drilling through the top JG connector.
                        I made a similar one with a 1/2" Female tee instead of the male tee - I think it made the JG fittings cheaper that way.
                        Bunch of instructables out there on how to build one.

That said, I gave up on party kegs as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X