Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thats the "cold-break" ... some brewers is afraid of it, but I dump it all into my fermenter ... it settles out, so no harm
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

I do exactly what Jigsaw does. It's in suspension so you lose 2 to 3 l of beer if you discard it now and another 1l in the fermenter. If you dont dump it now and let it settle in the fermenter you lose 2 to 3l total and less if you do a good cold crush

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Beachless View Post
    There is no best really, your equipment is different to mine, so is your recipe etc so we won't aim for the same mash temperature.
    Also if you use crystal malts for instance you will get a lot of unfermentable sugars from that. Generally speaking lower temps on the scale give you more fermentable sugars and higher will give you more unfermentable sugars. So play around and find what you like best and adjust according to the beer style and equipment etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    Now you've gone and started wats the best mash temp fight! Lol. Know the reasons and decide your own perfect mash temp. I BIAB. And mash in at 68 for a start of mash temp of 66-65 and end (based on your system) on 63. This gives me a wort that ferments to 1010 for a balanced beer that's got enough body and is crisp enough. In other words " just right" for me

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    I wouldn't worry about the mash temp now. It is done. Bottle and enjoy the beer. I'm sure it'll be great for a first brew in a long time!
    PS when I did one of my first all grain brews I forgot to turn off the urn when I hit the strike water temp and proceeded to boil the shit out of my grains. The beer was still good
    Quote Originally Posted by jannieverjaar View Post
    I do exactly what Jigsaw does. It's in suspension so you lose 2 to 3 l of beer if you discard it now and another 1l in the fermenter. If you dont dump it now and let it settle in the fermenter you lose 2 to 3l total and less if you do a good cold crush

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW View Post
    Thats the "cold-break" ... some brewers is afraid of it, but I dump it all into my fermenter ... it settles out, so no harm
    Thanks again for the patience and great feedback. Iíll salvage the lost wort next time.