Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I so fari had black with a much higher ebc. Around 1400 if I recall correctly , it left a vile charred/burnt taste in the beer I brewed and I used it sparingly.

It's a pity that I got rid of it, I could have given it to you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Langchop View Post
      Touche!

I think the 'adjusted for what I have' recipes can often lead to some good creations.
      LOL ... ok, that was posted at 22:18 ... how sober do you think I was

@groenspookasem Yes, I do believe you get the darker version ... never tried it, but I'll take your word for it. This was the ±550 lovibond version from Beerlab and the ±4 brews I did with it was fine
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Busy brewing our Jameson Sweet Stout........sorry, can't share the recipe...........

Comment

• Mixed up another batch of mead this weekend. In the ferm chamber at 19.5°C right now, so here's to hoping it goes as well as the previous batch!

Comment

• Brewed a hobgoblin gold clone the weekend. Did not have any summit for bittering, used southern star.
            Bottled my first pilsner.

Wit. Opened the weekend, quite smooth and silky, but could be more so, maybe slightly more flaked wheat/oats.

WP_20190915_002.jpg
            Marzen. Brewed February. Love this one.
            Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Mead's going strong. Cider seems to be done, will leave it to clean up a bit.

Got the grains for my next vienna lager batch. Can't wait!

Comment

• Im hitting the lagers hard - I have a Dortmunder Export and a Lite Lager in the Fermenter - Also have a German Leichtbier and another Lite Lager in no-chill cubes - Planning a 5th Lager that Ill be fermenting under pressure.
                Harhm
                Last edited by Harhm; 17 September 2019, 11:49.
                2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Yeah I plan on doing the same. They take time, but they're quite cheap to make, and I like how you can't hide anything in it. To boot, they're great to drink in the summer heat, everybody loves them and that includes me wife. I'll also be going on a lager spree soon. I think it's time.

Comment

• I currently have no forseeable brewing schedule at this stage, but the next few will be targeting malty, clean & crisp "lager" ales. I guess probably along the lines of california common/ steam. My kegs are near on empty so its gotta be soon.
                    Cheers,
                    Lang
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• My fermentation fridge is empty and that is a bad sign, kegs are full so that compensates. Cali common, now that's a plan, I really enjoyed those!

I have a bitter that I want to do, another pils for sure and I picked up some Aussie hops that I want to play around with, certainly another american wheat for summer. Dead keen to do a low abv nanny state or something along those lines.

Comment

• My Pilsner is lagering in the fridge at the moment and I have a partial mash that I quickly put together and stuck in the fermenter (I am looking for a quick but also good beer to make that I can keep as stock beer). My partial mash is similar to this recipe, my first time using rye! https://www.diybeer.com/au/recipe/k9...ssion-ale.html

Comment

• Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                          Busy brewing our Jameson Sweet Stout........sorry, can't share the recipe...........
                          I would not have considered asking for the recipe, but now that I cant have it, now I REALLY want it

Comment

• Helles, pitched yeast and sealed keg with 7 psi, 18 hrs later its at 15 psi (34/70 @ 20 °C)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                            Harhm
                            Last edited by Harhm; 23 September 2019, 07:21.
                            2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

• Great ! Did you fab the spunding yourself or store bought?

Comment

• 'Scuse my ignorance... What's the actual purpose of the pressure? What does it do or change?
                                Cheers,
                                Lang
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Working...
                                X