This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post

You're going to be making a beer with a distiller's yeast? Aren't those yeasts very well known for all kinds of off flavours, fast fermentation and hot fusels?
    nope doing a sugar/molasses wash with the distillers yeast, still deciding which one to roll with. I can't say that it's brewing when you're just dissolving sugar/molasses into water - so just mixing up a wash

Comment

• Currently drinking American strong ale, Irish red ale and Munich dunkel.
      Bottled Vienna larger and Blonde ale yesterday.

Belgian Dubbel next.
      Dubbel1.jpg
      Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• This is bubbling (at record speed) on Kveik at the moment ....

Screenshot_3.jpg
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Have a chocolate stout that's awaiting my laziness to stop. Will hopefully brew it tomorrow afternoon. Then picked up my grain today for a simple blonde ale. Gonna mash it so it finishes nice and dry as I'm tired of all the sweet beer I've got at the moment.

Comment

• So this hooch was on the go when the wife turned her nose up at the first Apple liquifruit bakers yeast hooch, so I was just going to let it ferment out and then mix the two batches to distill as a first run learning experiment.

IMG_20200530_165645.jpg

I fermented it warmer and kind of just left it longer than I normally would have.... And actually, smelling quite nice!

Bottled last night. Pleasant fruity smell and a slight fresh bread roll flavour. And I must say, it's really a nice combo. Will taste in a couple of weeks. If it's still good it will stay cider, if not, it will become my first wash
            Cheers,
            Lang
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
              This is bubbling (at record speed) on Kveik at the moment ....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2386[/ATTACH]
              Yum. What the hell is yellow submarine?
              Never seen that anywhere?
              Cheers,
              Lang
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• Originally posted by Langchop View Post
                Yum. What the hell is yellow submarine?
                Never seen that anywhere?
                Described as 'Amarillo on Steroids' at a fraction of the price
                This hop has a strong apricot and orange flavour with a hint of blackberries.
                Beerlab moved over to BarthHaas as a hop supplier, so I grabbed some of the new names on their site.

yellow-submarine was one of them.

Comment

• Thanks. Well that sounds like a win. Look forward to your opinion on it.
                  Cheers,
                  Lang
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• Pilsner done, stopped for breakfast but now busy mashing out on the APA soon, slight recipe changes to both

Pilsner now has 80g Tettnang on 32min and 20g on 5min (out of green bullet)
                    APA now a neAPA I halved the wheat addition and added 250g of rolled oats.

Should be completely finished incl clean up before lunch time, short 20min boil on the neapa, 90g addition on 5min only

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                      Beerlab moved over to BarthHaas as a hop supplier, so I grabbed some of the new names on their site.

yellow-submarine was one of them.
                      I'm keen on their new range, also the Avagarde malt to replace the now defunct Walts. Went to collect my distillers yeast on Friday, they were still humming, which is great news !

Comment

• Chorus of blow off tubes bubbling away neatly, just ordered some Sabro, Pacific Crest and Lemondrop - all new to me hops. I want to do a Helles with the Lemondrop, APA with the Sabro and Pils with the Pacific Crest. Has anybody used these hops before?Tips?

Comment

• I made an all lemondrop Saison back in 2017 but decided the lemondrop is not a hop I would try again...

I used the whole 100g bag ...
                          28 @ 60
                          28 @ 15
                          28 @ 5
                          16 dry hop on the 2 day cold crash

Never heard about the other two names before? who stocks them ?

Comment

• Damn. Oh well, I'll brew through it and see how it goes. Got it from Beerguevara, I dropped my first hydrometer I bought way back when and am replacing it, though I'd pick up some 'new' hops. Sabro does seem interesting and so does pacific crest

Comment

• I saw a clawhammer supply co youtube video on a lemon drop session IPA, looked great! Might be worth checking out. I ordered some Mandarina Bavaria hops to try and brew something similar. Not sure if that helps at all.
                              hopingmadinZam
                              Last edited by hopingmadinZam; 3 June 2020, 11:41. Reason: more info

Comment

• Alright, so I dont "have" to brew this weekend, but I do want to. I'm coldcrashing the APA right now and will probably keg it tomorrow and the pilsner is rearing to go as well.
                                Options for "sure I'll brew Sunday" are;
                                Pacific Crest Pils
                                Lemondrop Lager or Helles
                                Sabro APA with some dry hopping
                                Timothy Taylor Landlord

Comment

Working...
                                X