Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tasted my Vienna Xja SMASH tonight. Looks rather pretty.but not sure about the taste.
    Nice color. Light Cream colored head. But I'm getting a harshness from the grain. Pronounced bitterness and much more earthy then fruity. But it's still more then drinkable. Will clear up further I'm sure

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
      Tasted my Vienna Xja SMASH tonight. Looks rather pretty.but not sure about the taste.
      Nice color. Light Cream colored head. But I'm getting a harshness from the grain. Pronounced bitterness and much more earthy then fruity. But it's still more then drinkable. Will clear up further I'm sure
      Warned you about that hops............

Comment

• Yea you did! [emoji26] but I suppose every now and then I need to learn the hard way

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

• ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎
          groenspookasem
          Banned
          Last edited by groenspookasem; 29 March 2021, 12:39.

Comment

• Will get stock today to brew this on Sat .....

Screenshot_11.jpg

NO-Chill version
            The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Walts?

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                Walts?
                I'd rather pay more for decent imported malted grains. That's all I'd like to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                  I'd rather pay more for decent imported malted grains. That's all I'd like to say.
                  I fed it to the pigeons, it's not allowed on my property anymore :-)

Comment

• Golden Ale

GoldenAle.jpg
                    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• I'm brewing hard Sima and Skeeter Pee. Will brew a stout this weekend.
                      Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
                      Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Comment

• Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                        Walts?
                        Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post

Unfortunately that's the only wheat malt brand that Beerlab have it stock ... luckily its only 300g and should not affect the eff hopefully ....

I've also moved away from Walts as a base malt, hence the Simpsons Pale as my base

Comment

• Beerguevara for the win, you should be alright at 300g.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• I dont buy from Beerguevara ... personal reasons

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                              I dont buy from Beerguevara ... personal reasons
                              Oh no, I get great service from the guys there. Perhaps give them another chance? Beerlab is pretty much out of my way and bevplus too. Or I need to import from Jhb, did it once, shipping....

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Bevplus also do split bags of malt for those not yet in the know (Weyermann & Viking). I have no problems with either BeerGuevrara or BeerLab either - but get we all have our own experiences.

Comment

Working...
                                X