Traveling through Dubai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling through Dubai

For the last 5 years I have been traveling through Dubai on my way home from Afghanistan/Iraq and I usually go and sit in this one bar in the airport and have a few beers since Afghan/Iraq is a dry country. I usually just drink Guinness because that is all I know.

Yesterday while I was sitting there and having a bit more knowledge about beer I had a few of these......

They are exactly the same price as a Guinness draught (+- R130) but taste much better but at 8.5% I had to limit how much I drink because waiting in the airport for 9 hours on a buzz is no jokes
    Attached Files

I have sat in that Irish pub a few times en route between Riyadh and SA. The sad thing is that they know they can charge an absolute premium for their drinks because they have a total monopoly.

I also don't recall having seen Leffe Blonde there, so they must have increased their range...nice.
    Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

Both very good & well known beers
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

At 130 clams a bottle it's about the same price as sparking water. [emoji16]
        Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Comment

Yeah, it really sucks over there that water and beer are double the price of petrol...
          Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

The sad thing is the price of the food is exactly the same price. Everyone says that duty free is cheaper but apparently not in Dubai.

Comment

Working...
            X