Tell us your go to beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell us your go to beer

As the title states, what is your "go-to" beer. The one that you will always have on tap or in stock for when you want to drink something, but are not overly amped for a Frankenstein that you experimented with?

Mines a mix between an APA that I brewed based on the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone from Clonebrews, and a good Irish Red. Trying to work one of these 2 inbetween the experiments or session brews.

Originally posted by hennels View Post
    As the title states, what is your "go-to" beer. The one that you will always have on tap or in stock for when you want to drink something, but are not overly amped for a Frankenstein that you experimented with?

Mines a mix between an APA that I brewed based on the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone from Clonebrews, and a good Irish Red. Trying to work one of these 2 inbetween the experiments or session brews.
    If it's commercial beer, Mitchells Milk and Honey. If it's my own, usually an English Mild, or Bitters. I've done over 80 brews and many/most are English Ales.
    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Comment

For me it all depends on the mood I am in. At the moment though it is an APA that works pretty well for me. I also have an Extract Ginger Beer that never lasts long in the house!
      bluemountainbrew.co.za

Primary:
      Secondary: Apple & Cranberry Wine, Strawberry Wine, Mead,
      Conditioning:
      Bottled/Kegged: Black Ale/BIPA (SYSF)
      Next Up:​ ?Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout?

Comment

although they can get a bit pricey to brew, i like to have some sort of IPA in stock. if not that, then i usually have a saison or blonde ready for action.

Comment

English bitter. I loooooove English bitter.
          "I’m Allergic to grass. Hey, it could be worse. I could be allergic to beer." – Greg Norman

Comment

Like Al, my favourite is an IPA, especially the really hoppy ones. There are usually a couple of Kings Blockhouse in my fridge, but I recently finished a batch of Beerguevara's Missione's IPA which, since being brewed in November last year, was just perfect after all this time.. The hoppiness appeared to be more pronounced as time went on with that batch. Next time I will make a double batch and perhaps change the hops just to see what the effect would be.

At our local pub, we get Lakeside's APA on tap and that's what I drink when I go there (most Friday afternoons).
            Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

Working...
            X