Carbouy Bungs???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbouy Bungs???

Just acquired some 25 liter glass carbouys and now I need bungs. the hole int neck is 54mm diameter.
    Anybody know where I can acquire some bungs?
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you the next best thing, BEER

I've got spare, but I don't think that big .... next best thing: http://www.homebrewstuff.com/11-rubber-stopper.html
    Busy rebuilding ....

Comment

Did you get them from the guy near Eastgate, Lino was it?

Vincent had some bungs, don't know if he has any left. Give him a call.
      Bryan
      Last edited by Bryan; 5 June 2013, 06:15. Reason: illiteracy
      "I’m Allergic to grass. Hey, it could be worse. I could be allergic to beer." – Greg Norman

Comment

I found this company: http://www.mossplastics.co.za/

They are in Midrand.

I have not purchased from them yet, but I will be ordering some o-rings and bungs from them soon.

Cheers

Comment

Can you share their pricing for the bungs etc.?
          __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Primary: Hobgoblin Clone
          Next up: Amber Ale / Spice Beer
          Kegged: Tits up in the mud Pale Ale
          Conditioning: Chimay Blue Clone

Comment

They did not provide me with pricing, sorry.

I did hear that they only sell in large volumes, which may be a problem.

However, as there are a few of us in Gauteng area, those interested in bungs (like me) will be happy to share the cost.

Comment

I went to Moss Plastics (aka Skiffy) and I got two "Tapered Caps" (#110204). (http://www.mossplastics.co.za/mss/ms...&search=110204)

CameraZOOM-20130905184036930.jpg

The gentleman behind the counter gave them to me as samples! Woot!

CameraZOOM-20130905184009434.jpg

They fit perfectly! 44mm base, 47mm top. The plastic is not hard, but it is not soft.

Next I will make a hole in the plug and see if I can get a blow-off and grommet to fit, then I am all set for my first 15 litre batch in a carboy! More important, I will be able to see the yeast work!

If we get a few people interested, I will place a order for a bunch of plugs. These guys usually deal in 1000s, but I they will accept a smaller order.

Oh, they have different colours as well.

Cheers!

Comment

Oh, if you want pricing, these plugs cost a phenomenal... R7 each!

If we buy 150 they cost R3 each.

Comment

Originally posted by AtronSeige View Post
                  I went to Moss Plastics (aka Skiffy) and I got two "Tapered Caps" (#110204). (http://www.mossplastics.co.za/mss/ms...&search=110204)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]183[/ATTACH]

The gentleman behind the counter gave them to me as samples! Woot!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]184[/ATTACH]

They fit perfectly! 44mm base, 47mm top. The plastic is not hard, but it is not soft.

Next I will make a hole in the plug and see if I can get a blow-off and grommet to fit, then I am all set for my first 15 litre batch in a carboy! More important, I will be able to see the yeast work!

If we get a few people interested, I will place a order for a bunch of plugs. These guys usually deal in 1000s, but I they will accept a smaller order.

Oh, they have different colours as well.

Cheers!

How did they work for you, it's different from the rubber stoppers
                  All for Brew AND brew for all

Comment

Working...
                  X