Corney Kegs: What Is required for kegging setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corney Kegs: What Is required for kegging setup

Ok, never been interested in kegging, but what is required for a fully Corney Keg setup, assuming one has the kegs?

Interest sparked from this thread - I never knew you could get 9l Corney's
    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

http://www.kegsolutions.co.za/kegs
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

You need gas in and beer out couplers for PIN LOCK corneys, beer line and gas line and a CO2 source with a CO2 Regulator. You will need a tap, I use picknick taps and have JG fittings on the gas line and beer lines to help with quick changes. The link to kegsolutions is correct. I see they call the couplers disconnects.

Comment

AND it is always good to have extra beer line, get 3m or more.

Comment

What are you guys doing as regards cooling? I'm not in a position to build a keezer at the moment

Comment

I have a combo fridge freezer. Two 20 l sankey kegs on bottem with CO2 and a 9 l corney on a rack about 30 cm above the 2 sankeys. No controller, if beer out freeze I up the thermostat control. One day I will get a proper tempcontroller

Comment

Originally posted by Setsumi View Post
              I have a combo fridge freezer. Two 20 l sankey kegs on bottem with CO2 and a 9 l corney on a rack about 30 cm above the 2 sankeys. No controller, if beer out freeze I up the thermostat control. One day I will get a proper tempcontroller
              Ive also got a fridge like that for my beer now. Why does you beer out freeze up? do you run it through the freezer? Maybe upload a pic if you dont mind?

Comment

I have s type sankey kegs, sometimes the beer out float valve gets stuck. I believe it freeze because of the presure, if I warm it up with my hand or a warm towel one can hear the beer rushing into the coupler and lift the float valve. This happens only when the kegs are quite full. I know one can remove the float valve but I only engage the tap when I dispens s the float is necessary to seal the beerline when I untap the keg otherwise it is a mess

Comment

IMG_1179.jpg

Above is a quick pic of my set up with a 19L corney without the beer out line and picnic tap that I currently use. I have a 210L box freezer with STC-1000 connected to it. I can fit 2x 19L corneys on the bottom floor of the freezer (without the CO2 can in there, building a collar for the freezer and running the CO2 line through it, so that the CO2 can is outside) and with the collar 2 extra 19Ls on the little step...

Basically you need:

1x gas disconnect (R60 - R80)
                  1x beer disconnect (R60 - R80)
                  1x tap (picnic is about R50)
                  3M gas line (R50)
                  3M beer line (I use the smallest diameter line with the picnic tap) (R50)
                  4x John Guest fittings (always handy keeping 2 or 3 extra)
                  CO2 regulator (around R800 new)
                  CO2 cannister (2KG is R400 @ Novamarine in Paarden Eiland, brand new, full of CO2 still)
                  I've installed a tap valve on my CO2 can, around R230 with installation, but can work with the normal depress lever.

Comment

Sorry to hijack the thread, but does anyone know where one might find replace "ball-lock posts" .... I know Beerkeg used to have, but don't see any (only pin-lock) on his site?

ball-lock-post.jpg
                    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Have you tried thebootlegger.co.za?
                      Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
                      Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Comment

Send me a PM I have a pair
                        I spent 90% of my money on brewing and drinking beer and the other 10% I wasted

Comment

Can someone please let me know EXACTLY what I need to ask for when it comes to the CO2 extinguisher and regulator. The supplier is asking me questions.

Are there any cape town suppliers of the rest of the equipment - Beerlab and Beerguevara don't do this kind of thing.

Edit: I see KegSolutions are in Somerset West

Comment

Originally posted by SimonB View Post
                            Can someone please let me know EXACTLY what I need to ask for when it comes to the CO2 extinguisher and regulator. The supplier is asking me questions.

Are there any cape town suppliers of the rest of the equipment - Beerlab and Beerguevara don't do this kind of thing.

Edit: I see KegSolutions are in Somerset West
                            Im just getting a normal Co2 regulator like the one on Keg solutions, and a 2 kg Co2 Extinguisher. Im going to have the press down valve replaced with a screw valve and have the dipstick removed when I take it in for a refill (apparently you don't really want liquid CO2 in your regulator).

The best price on the extinguisher I could get so far is from Novamarine = R360 inc. vat they are in Paarden Eiland. However they are not open on weekends, so I cant get one there lol, the second best was R460.

Im going to KegSolutions on Saturday.
                            This is on my shopping list:
                            x2 gas disconnects = 220
                            x1 liquid disconect = 110
                            x2 O ring sets = 70
                            3m beer line = 150
                            3 meter gas line = 48
                            Picnic tap = 65
                            T for gas line = 45

Let me know if you need something from keg solutions, then I'll get it for you, and drop it off when I pick up the kegs.

Comment

Originally posted by VenomZA View Post
                              Im just getting a normal Co2 regulator like the one on Keg solutions, and a 2 kg Co2 Extinguisher. Im going to have the press down valve replaced with a screw valve and have the dipstick removed when I take it in for a refill (apparently you don't really want liquid CO2 in your regulator).

The best price on the extinguisher I could get so far is from Novamarine = R360 inc. vat they are in Paarden Eiland. However they are not open on weekends, so I cant get one there lol, the second best was R460.

Im going to KegSolutions on Saturday.
                              This is on my shopping list:
                              x2 gas disconnects = 220
                              x1 liquid disconect = 110
                              x2 O ring sets = 70
                              3m beer line = 150
                              3 meter gas line = 48
                              Picnic tap = 65
                              T for gas line = 45

Let me know if you need something from keg solutions, then I'll get it for you, and drop it off when I pick up the kegs.
                              Does Nova marine supply the screw down valve ?
                              If you see spelling mistakes in my posts, use as many of the goodies below as required to fix it!
                              ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
                              abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789

Comment

Working...
                              X