Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General queries.

Hi guys.

Bought my Mangrove Jack kit a year ago, haven't got around to using it, but want to start soon. I just have a few questions:

1. Where can I buy beer recipe kits in the Western Cape? Delivery is expensive, would rather go to a store and get it myself if it's close enough.

2. It's quite hot in the Boland with temperatures at almost 40 degrees in Feb. Would you guys recommend that I wait for March/April/May before I start brewing? Because of work, I won't be able to add ice every few hours to keep my fermenter cool.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by handyman View Post
    Hi guys.

Bought my Mangrove Jack kit a year ago, haven't got around to using it, but want to start soon. I just have a few questions:

1. Where can I buy beer recipe kits in the Western Cape? Delivery is expensive, would rather go to a store and get it myself if it's close enough.

2. It's quite hot in the Boland with temperatures at almost 40 degrees in Feb. Would you guys recommend that I wait for March/April/May before I start brewing? Because of work, I won't be able to add ice every few hours to keep my fermenter cool.

Thanks in advance.

2. Yes! Wait untill it's cooler, unless you have a fridge you want to convert or you have a stone cellar thats very cool.
    1. BEERGUEVARA in Cape town, the brew store stellenbosch.
    Do you want to be good or be praised - Epicurus
    Do what you do to the best of your ability, and blessings will follow you

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas View Post
      2. Yes! Wait untill it's cooler, unless you have a fridge you want to convert or you have a stone cellar thats very cool.
      1. BEERGUEVARA in Cape town, the brew store stellenbosch.
      Great stuff, thank you very much.

Comment

beerlab

i popped into bottelary hills wine center the other day and i see they're also selling homebrew stuff now.

Comment

Originally posted by that guy al View Post
          beerlab

i popped into bottelary hills wine center the other day and i see they're also selling homebrew stuff now.
          Will check that out as well, thanks.

Comment

Spiros Mica in durbanville has extract kits
            If you see spelling mistakes in my posts, use as many of the goodies below as required to fix it!
            ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
            abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789

Comment

Working...
            X