Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cape Town CO2 Refill

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting a CO2 refill supplier in Cape Town (Bellville). Can anyone assist?

Thanks in advance!

Try any of the paintball or airsoft ranges they normally will fill a tank for you.... Otherwise try there options

http://m.yellowpages.co.za/search/fi...western+cape/1

Lastly search for fire and safety places near you
    Craft beer is a cool way to deny your alcohol problem.

Why drink something that’s just cold when you can have something this cool?

Craft Beer?
    I’d Tap That!

Comment

Google the fire extinguisher agents, I have 2 in Somerset West/Strand and they both fill them no problem.

Have you tried Chubb or Safequip in Blackheath, although I have heard there have been issues with the latter.

Normal tricks are to tell you it needs a full service which costs about R100 to R150 but this is only needed every 10 years and the renewal date is stamped into the bottle.

Good luck
      I spent 90% of my money on brewing and drinking beer and the other 10% I wasted

Comment

Novamarine or Fire aplliance services in Paarden Eiland.

DON'T say it's for beer!!! ... Afrox has been going around to these companies threatening them because they supply "normal" CO² and not "food-grade" for beverage dispensing ... Afrox is appently losing money as no-one is buying this so-called food-grade gas anymore
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

I'll have to pry of the sticker from the bottle then. I bought the canister from a guy and he bought it with a beer supply website sticker on it.

Is there a difference between 'regular' and 'food grade' CO2? If there is I'd like to know what the difference is.

Comment

Pretty sure the only difference is the price

Originally posted by 69degrees View Post
            I'll have to pry of the sticker from the bottle then. I bought the canister from a guy and he bought it with a beer supply website sticker on it.

Is there a difference between 'regular' and 'food grade' CO2? If there is I'd like to know what the difference is.

Comment

Originally posted by 69degrees View Post

Gas is the same apparently. Only difference comes to the connectors they use to fill.
              Apparently when you buy food grade all connectors etc are sanitary. So maybe just take a bowl of sanitize with, and ask them to dip the connector in before filling the bottle and whala you have food grade Co2.

Comment

My opinion co2 is co2. What company will invest 2 different supply lines for same product???

And what fire equipment station will say no for your money?? Not if I run it...
                Setsumi
                Last edited by Setsumi; 22 April 2016, 20:18.

Comment

+1 Apparently it's the exact same gas ... just the equipment, tools, piping & fittings is food-safe(sanitary) like Venom stated & obviously the price is wayway more like Snorlax stated
                  The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

I have had this argument a few times on the net, and here is what I have learnt.

1. CO2 is very toxic. The inside of the bottle will not contain any living things.
                    2. Medical vs Industrial : the only difference is that Industrial *may* be between 95 and 100%, whereas Medical is closer to 100%. But both are usually the same at ~99%.
                    3. Unless you are a brewery, do not rent your cannisters, rather buy them.
                    4. Buy gauge protectors!

Comment

In other words, the difference is close to negligible. 95% vs 100% is really marginal.

Comment

Just refilled my canister at Fire Appliance Services in Paarden Island. Was R28, give or take, ex VAT per kg. Didn't even bat an eye for the larger than life Home Brew sticker on it. They only take cash. (you CAN eft from your phone, but spare yourself the effort, it takes loooong.) VERY friendly service.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but just wanted to check. I have a 2kg canister from a fishtank that i have put a regulator on. The easiets place for me to refill it is the place i bought it from, Northlands Pets in Springfield, Durban. I kind of agree that c02 is c02 so "fishtank" co2 should be fine for my kegs and beer?

Comment

Cape Town CO2 Refill

Originally posted by furnace View Post
                            I know this is an old thread but just wanted to check. I have a 2kg canister from a fishtank that i have put a regulator on. The easiets place for me to refill it is the place i bought it from, Northlands Pets in Springfield, Durban. I kind of agree that c02 is c02 so "fishtank" co2 should be fine for my kegs and beer?
                            Pretty much, but the pet shops overcharge mostly.
                            I’m using a place in centurion that fills fire hydrants with co2
                            He charges R30/kg last time i checked.

Comment

Originally posted by furnace View Post
                              I filled my cylinder at Ocean fire services in Springfield Park two weeks ago. R31 for a 2kg cylinder.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X