What new equipment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What new equipment?

Currently I am using a DIY cooler MT and urn as boil kettle.

In July I would be in a position to get some better equipment. The whole electric brewing thing quite appeals to me.

The question is, what can I get for R10k to make brewing easier?

I already have a temp controlled "fermentation chamber", ie. converted fridge.

I like the SS Brewtech stuff, but they don't ship to SA, and it is LPG.

Any ideas?

I saw some SS stuff at Brewcraft. They might be able to bring in some stuff for you.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PearlJam View Post
      Currently I am using a DIY cooler MT and urn as boil kettle.

In July I would be in a position to get some better equipment. The whole electric brewing thing quite appeals to me.

The question is, what can I get for R10k to make brewing easier?

I already have a temp controlled "fermentation chamber", ie. converted fridge.

I like the SS Brewtech stuff, but they don't ship to SA, and it is LPG.

Any ideas?
      Slightly higher than 10K, but might be the only thing you need. Current urn can be used for sparge. ?

GrainFather.jpg
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

All you actually need is an electronic controller on your urn to keep the mash temp perfectly constant.

Otherwise a second-hand Grainfather would do the job.

Comment

I vote for a Grainfather all the way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I will look at the Grainfather a bit tonight. I like the fact that it is a small form factor and the mash circulation functionality. I must just get my head around the fact that I quite like a little bit of DIY, although maybe this is one of those instances where consistent brewing and the ease of doing it might win.

I incidentally saw that Brewcraft will be doing a brew on the Grainfather on 11 June. Not sure yet if I will be able to make it, but it would be a good opportunity

Comment

If you are in the Cape Town area you are welcome to swing by and I can show you the ins and outs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X