Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Feeler] Electric 74L PID electric BIAB system

Hi gents/gals

74L stainless steal, blanket, sight glass, false bottom, auberins PID controller, timer, stand, plate chiller, re-circulation pump, silicon tubing.

Purchased from Frikkie, Beerhardware. I'm sure they will facilitate a 'hand-over' warranty.Used twice. Need a separate breaker for system. Cost R1000 through my electrician. Alternatively we can replace this 7000W with a smaller element to allow you to plug into a wall plug.Pump is a good recirculating flow rate. However, sometime tricky to get going.Includes quick disconnects and silicon tubing (4 pre-made ones)

Bought for R12000. What do you think this is worth? Anyone interested? Very negotiable.

Reason for selling is we are no longer home brewing. Now a member of brewers coop.

2016-01-31 18.35.04.jpg2016-01-31 18.34.53.jpg2016-01-31 18.34.47.jpg2016-01-31 18.34.40.jpg2016-01-31 18.34.37.jpg2016-01-31 18.34.36.jpg2016-01-31 18.34.27.jpg2016-01-31 18.34.21.jpg2016-01-31 18.35.37.jpg
    dtalb
    Last edited by dtalb; 11 July 2016, 16:56.

it's so pretty
    All for Brew AND brew for all

Comment

Hello David

Unless you have changed the element in the system then the element is not 7000 watt but rather 5500 watt low watt density element.
      I am not sure what kind of gold plated breaker the electrician has quoted you on but there is no way that it is R1000. I still have that bigger breaker for the system.

We would be more than happy to run through the system again before sale to make sure that everything in the panel is working the way it is suppose too.

Frikkie

Comment

Hay @medic / Frikkie

Sorry I see that my message wasn't clear. The breaker isn't R1000, it was R1000 to put a new power point in my garage with its own slot on my DB board.
        Thanks for clarifying, I always thought it was a 7000w, but a 5500w low density is much better.
        Do you know if that still needs to be wired directly into the DB board or could go into a normal wall plug?

Cheers
        Dave

Comment

Hello David

That sounds much better, I almost had a stroke

The 5.5kw element would still pull around 25 amps so you would still need to have a dedicated breaker in your DB board. 30 amp breaker would be the best to make sure everything is safe. If you want to plug it into the normal plug you would need to replace it with a 3kw element and that is pushing the limits a bit.

Comment

In what way is this system tricky to get going?

What would be your best price on this? I have a chiller already so don't need the plate chiller.

Comment

Sold pending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

hi gents where can i get that type of couplings and pipes, im based in cape town

Comment

Originally posted by DonOne View Post
                  hi gents where can i get that type of couplings and pipes, im based in cape town
                  Hi and Welcome. Pull up a chair and have a beer

Im not 100% sure about places in CT?

Try Johan
                  The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Camlock fittings - Jachris in Paarden Eiland, Hose Solutions in Stikland. Lot of the hydraulic suppliers in Paarden Eiland will also have. Prices vary a lot. Try to get teflon seals for the female couplings, they normally come with rubber seals which are not really food grade.
                    Silicone tube - Beerlab, Cape Town Rubber, Table Bay Rubber

Comment

Thanks Jay, will make note of those companies ...
                      Should have remembered Hose Solution ... they're the ones that did the SS welding on my keggle.
                      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

I thank you Sir

Comment

Has this system been sold?

Comment

On hold for a gent in Durbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X