My new brewery's first run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new brewery's first run

Finally put my electric BIAB to the test yesterday . This has been about a year in the making
    The system performed flawlessly . I was worried the heater might be a bit small but it gave a nice rolling boil.11.jpg22.jpg

Now that I know everything is 100% I just have to clean up the wiring a bit and shorten the pump return hose and it will finally be done
    If you see spelling mistakes in my posts, use as many of the goodies below as required to fix it!
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789

Nice! Many happy brews.

Comment

That looks great, I'm very jelly. Give us a breakdown on the components!
      Primary: APA
      Bottled: Quad, tripel, K@K red ale
      Keg 1: Weiss. 2: Weiss. Keg 3: Air. Keg 4: Air
      Next up: world domination

Comment

Looks very nice, I am also using a SAB keg for BIAB and have considered building a control panel for it but do not know what is needed. Please share the details.

Comment

Originally posted by DieBaas View Post
          That looks great, I'm very jelly. Give us a breakdown on the components!
          Thanks
          Will take some better pics over the weekend and give a list . I was a very simple build

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          Looks very nice, I am also using a SAB keg for BIAB and have considered building a control panel for it but do not know what is needed. Please share the details.
          Will do over the weekend
          If you see spelling mistakes in my posts, use as many of the goodies below as required to fix it!

Comment

WoW, Nice going.
            Where's that black thermo-pad from & does that alone keep the temp fairly constant during mash? - I also use a keg like that wrapped in blanket & sleeping bag and never loose more than 1º during a 60min mash, so if that can give me the same results I'd be happy
            The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
              WoW, Nice going.
              Where's that black thermo-pad from & does that alone keep the temp fairly constant during mash? - I also use a keg like that wrapped in blanket & sleeping bag and never loose more than 1º during a 60min mash, so if that can give me the same results I'd be happy
              Its just insulation used for refrigeration . You can buy it at AC and R or Metraclark in Paarden Eiland . I am not sure how well it works on its own , with the PID controller my temp was fluctuating 0,1 of a degree .

Comment

Looks good, wish my brew system was so compact.

What size element are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by jay95 View Post
                  Looks good, wish my brew system was so compact.

What size element are you running?
                  It is a 2500w element for hard water

Comment

Nice system. SS doesn't transfer heat very well: I recorded about 1 deg C drop per hour when I tested my 100L SS boiler. I don't use it because it takes a TON of gas to heat compared to copper.

Comment

Looks neat!!! Are you going to wrap it in ss sheeting like the one I got from you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks similair to the american BREW BOSS without the basket COFI they call it. Looks great im trying similair concept with a 30ltr logik urn. Hastily bought a circulation pump that pushes 30ltr per min. Heat blanket still needs to get purchased before i start my first brew.

Comment

What pump are you using and where did you get it Defender110?

Comment

Working...
                          X