Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grub efficiency effect

Hi All,

So I consider my self a bit of a BIAB hacker with lots of compromises such as spaghetti roller mill and not separating any trub.

Now I have found I get pretty decent efficiency up to 80% sometimes.

Given a bit of thought... I figure leaving all the trub in right until bottling stage skews the figures quite a lot (no volume is removed from the volume into fermenter)

I obviously land up with a lot more sediment left behind in the fermenter and probably equivalent final beer volume into bottles, but this doesn't factor into efficiency calcs.

Am I missing something or have I just revolutionised the brewing process!?
    Langchop
    Last edited by Langchop; 22 March 2018, 15:28. Reason: Ummm. Make that 'Trub'
    Cheers,
    Lang
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

is efficiency really that important? as long as your hitting your gravity numbers and making enjoyable beer... my 5 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by that guy al View Post
      is efficiency really that important? as long as your hitting your gravity numbers and making enjoyable beer... my 5 cents.
      agreed 200%

going from 65% to 75% efficiency on a home brew is what, 500g of malt?

Comment

Originally posted by that guy al View Post
        Absolutely agree. I don't worry too much about the technicalities, but I do find it all very interesting.

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk
        Cheers,
        Lang
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

In your calculations just use fermenter loss. In beersmith and other software you will enter mashtun loss or deadspace, kettle loss and fermenter loss. You only have fermenter loss.

Comment

Working...
          X