Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to get Franke kegs but which connector ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to get Franke kegs but which connector ?

Hi

Been a while since I posted but was wondering if you guys can help , I want to buy two 30L franke slimline kegs, but can't decide which connector to get .

At the moment I am torn between G or S.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. These will be used for home kegging , with the occasional party with a jockey box with two taps.

Kind Regards
    Wessel Pieterse
    Last edited by Wessel Pieterse; 22 May 2018, 05:15.
    Kit: 50L SAB keggle used with BIAB, gas burner

Primary: Sierra Nevada Pale ale clone
    Secondary: Weiss by Brand Smith
    Conditioning: none
    Bottled and Drunk: Wee Heavy, Darth Vader Black IPA, Saison, an much more

I do not use those connectors, but here is my 5c based on my experiences with other connectors:
    1. Get something that you will be able to get in South Africa! It is very annoying if you have kegs but you cannot use them because the connectors (or parts) are not available in SA
    2. What is most common? This will (possibly) make it cheaper and more accessable
    3. What does your local craft brewery use? Then you have a source in case of emergency, and you can put their beers on your taps.
    4. Will it fit? My keg stands in the fridge, so I cannot use connectors that are too high

Sources:
    https://global.kegworks.com/g-system-keg-coupler
    https://global.kegworks.com/european...m-lever-handle

Comment

Originally posted by Wessel Pieterse View Post
      Hi

Been a while since I posted but was wondering if you guys can help , I want to buy two 30L franke slimline kegs, but can't decide which connector to get .

At the moment I am torn between G or S.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. These will be used for home kegging , with the occasional party with a jockey box with two taps.

Kind Regards
      Hi Thanks for the feedback. Seems Windhoek uses S and SAB uses G so should be able to get the two. Will check if I can find what my local breweries use around stellenbosch.
      Kit: 50L SAB keggle used with BIAB, gas burner

Primary: Sierra Nevada Pale ale clone
      Secondary: Weiss by Brand Smith
      Conditioning: none
      Bottled and Drunk: Wee Heavy, Darth Vader Black IPA, Saison, an much more

Comment

The s type is really easy to open, the g not so easy. Pm me I will send you a pdf to open the s type.

Comment

Working...
        X