Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regulator inlet thread help

Good day gents and ladies.

I have acquired a number of Chubb fire extinguishers that I intend to use for dispensing. The outlet of these extinguishers with the standard pull lever valves is a rather small female thread. Now I have spotted two affordable CO2 regulators with two different inlet threads. One being a female W21. 8 thread and the other being a female G1/2 thread. Being a total noob with regards to kegging I would like to know if I am able to use either of these two regulators in conjunction with the extinguishers.

I would obviously need adaptors but I am unsure of whether they exist for these seemingly odd sized regulator threads. I am itching to pull the trigger on a setup but I don't want the disappointment of not being able to use the regulator when it arrives. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers
    Tom

Are those co2 cylinders? If not, I would personally not use them. From my understanding the co2 cylinder has a standard size and the regulator marries up with that. Could be wrong though, someone with more knowledge can chime in. I got mine from builders and the regulator from brewcraft it that helps

Comment

I also have an older CO2 fire extinguisher which have the female thread. Am in the process of getting my regulator as well and will also be looking for an adapter. Will keep an eye on this thread!

Comment

Don't get an adapter just get a replacement valve, use the opportunity to switch to a screw type valve and remove the siphon tube while you are at it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X