PDA

View Full Version : Have a 70 ABV solution and wish to make Gin

Treeman
13th January 2021, 20:15
I distilled a good clear spirit, but it goes milky when I add water, why?
How do I cut the spirit and keep it clear ?

Toxxyc
13th January 2021, 20:41
Use distilled water.

Treeman
13th January 2021, 21:21
Use distilled water.
Its not that, I am using RO water already. A suggestion from in my circle offered that I am distilling to close to or into the tails, something about fuesil oils??
The oils do not mix with the water.
There was a suggestion of adding the one to the other but not the other to the one, so to say.
I am fishing here, the net seems very " it might, or maybe" in its answers.

How do you do it and stay with that diamond clear look?

Contrarian
15th January 2021, 17:11
This is after distillation with the botanicals? You might need to take a larger fore-shot cut on that spirit run, there are a lot of monoterpenes which are a little harsh and really like to drop out at lower abvs. If this is in your neutral spirit, I guess it could be hard water? If it still does it with distilled you have fusel oils and that's all down to how its distilled and cut.

Treeman
15th January 2021, 17:40
This is after distillation with the botanicals? You might need to take a larger fore-shot cut on that spirit run, there are a lot of monoterpenes which are a little harsh and really like to drop out at lower abvs. If this is in your neutral spirit, I guess it could be hard water? If it still does it with distilled you have fusel oils and that's all down to how its distilled and cut.
thank you

groenspookasem
18th January 2021, 10:29
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎