Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oasis RO3 Water Profile

Good morning all

I have some pretty nasty tap water (acidic!) so I want to buy some of Oasis' RO3 water to brew with. I've heard some good noises about this.

Does anyone have a water profile for it? I want to enter it into Brewer's Friend so that I can be sure all calculations and and notes and things are done properly for my next brew.

Many thanks!
    For things I'm selling:
    - I can be contacted at homebrewer at dline dot co dot za
    - I am located in Pretoria East
    - I am always open to reasonable offers, especially if you are picking up more than one thing I'm selling.

I know the CEO so will try to get hold of him this week. I also use their water but add a teaspoon of gypsum and a teaspoon of Calcium chloride with each brew.

Comment

RO water can be considered as distilled water. The left over minerals should be in single digits. So it shouldn't skew your mineral additions out of range.

Comment

Thanks for this

I only realised this morning that I can probably just buy a bottle in the store and check the mineral contents listed on the label...

Anyway, the near-distilledness is a good thing for me. My tap water is really acidic - I borrowed an aluminium stock pot from my mother for a brew I'm planning and the damn thing turned black inside after a test boil!

So hopefully with a neutral supply of water I can actually determine if I can make delicious beer or not!
        For things I'm selling:
        - I can be contacted at homebrewer at dline dot co dot za
        - I am located in Pretoria East
        - I am always open to reasonable offers, especially if you are picking up more than one thing I'm selling.

Comment

Mine did exactly the same, it is an oxidisation coating if you boil only water in any alu pot. Leave it in there and continue to boil your beer in it, that coating will stick and not steep into your brew.

Comment

I use ro water and have had not bad results. Only good beer.

Comment

Originally posted by banditbrew View Post
              I know the CEO so will try to get hold of him this week. I also use their water but add a teaspoon of gypsum and a teaspoon of Calcium chloride with each brew.
              banditbrew

Where did you buy calcium chloride??? I've been googling and driving everywhere but can't seem to find it ...
              dieWerner
              Last edited by dieWerner; 8 July 2015, 08:38.

Comment

Apparently Calcium chloride is available form petshops that focus on fish and swimming pool shops. or from this place: Merck Chemicals

Comment

Working...
                X