Crates for bottles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crates for bottles

After bottling how do you store your beer?

I bought a few cases of 440ml bottles from Consol glass Just around the corner from me and @ R85 for 24 i thought a good deal.

Now i am looking for Crates to store the bottles in after bottling. The Cortons Consol use are barely strong enough to stay together with Empty bottles!

someting like this:

Plastics warehouse in Somerset west does not have.
    Mambo's plasting have, but the crate is not deep enough to enable stacking of the crates.

I just replied to you on "that other forum" but here is the same response anyway...

I have a few of these crates that I bought at Makro.

You can decide whether to buy the glasses as well, or just the plain crate. If memory serves, the crates were R100 each on their own.

The only problem with them is that, unless you put a sheet of cardboard between them when stacking, the underside of the top crate sometimes catches the caps on a bottle or two. So far, I haven't had any breakages, but it has been close. Now I use cardboard spacers.

http://www.makro.co.za/home-and-cate...oters-225784EA
    Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

Go to Makro Liquor and find the Wholesale area. Ask for SAB Crates (empties). I think I paid R5 each.

Comment

I am also using the Makro crates, but stacking is not always easy
        I would also prefer something that can stack better.

AtronSeige, do you have a pic of the crates you use
        Cheers

Jacques

Comment

Originally posted by pretorjn View Post
          AtronSeige, do you have a pic of the crates you use
          Not with me, but it is the SAB Quart beer cases. Strong, stackable and branded! I used to have a few of the green Sedibent (Windhoek/Heineken) cases, but I prefer the brown/black SAB ones.

Comment

Are you talking about the normal quart crates (12 bottles per crate)?
            Cheers

Jacques

Comment

Jip. The normal quart crates.

Comment

+1 on SAB crates. And if you have too many lying around then they make quite excellent fermented fruit juice (wine) storage racks
                Primary: APA
                Bottled: Quad, tripel, K@K red ale
                Keg 1: Weiss. 2: Weiss. Keg 3: Air. Keg 4: Air
                Next up: world domination

Comment

Working...
                X