New Keezer setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Keezer setup

I just built a keezer, had the corny keg carbonate for a week and want to try a pour this afternoon.

My questions are probably stupid, but I need help

Any advice on the beer line length and the PSI for the CO2? The keezer is running at 4 degrees +- 1 degree.

I have the white beer line, I believe it is 3/8" ? Or is that the OD?

The charts have me going from 12 meter length to 44.

I would rather get the help from the experienced brewers out there.

Thanks in advance

IMG-20201023-WA0012.jpg
    The Apprentice
    Last edited by The Apprentice; 23 October 2020, 14:05. Reason: Add info

Looks great!

Try this calculator. A lot of people end up making their beer line too short and just get foam

https://www.kegerators.com/beer-line-calculator/

Comment

Do your taps have flow control?

Comment

Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
        Do your taps have flow control?
        Yes, These two taps do have

Comment

So my standard setup is as follows
          3.5C
          2m beer line
          13 psi.
          My beer line is 5/16 OD LDPE tubing (which from memory is 3/16 ID)

For your setup, please provide more info about the tubing. Type and ID are important in the calcs

Comment

Originally posted by camsaway View Post
            So my standard setup is as follows
            3.5C
            2m beer line
            13 psi.
            My beer line is 5/16 OD LDPE tubing (which from memory is 3/16 ID)

For your setup, please provide more info about the tubing. Type and ID are important in the calcs
            I have 3/16 line, 3 Metres, sitting at 4C at 12 PSI. I do not have flow control taps. I have foamy beer.
            "Well, I suppose if I’m being honest, there were a few times in the past where I admit I did have a drinking problem,

But I can truthfully say that I’ve become more responsible since then,

and today I always make sure that I have enough beer around so that I’ll never have a problem drinking again."

Comment

Originally posted by billionairebum View Post
              I have 3/16 line, 3 Metres, sitting at 4C at 12 PSI. I do not have flow control taps. I have foamy beer.

How did you carb the beer ?
              The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by billionairebum View Post
                Mine is exactly like yours, but 2 meter beerline and mine pours very good. I have only kegged one batch so far, so my experience is as limited as that, but thought I will mention it as I was told that 2m is the correct length and it works for me.

Comment

I'm running about 2m per line, anything between 8 and 12 psi depending on style, at around 1°C and I still sometimes get foamy pours.

Comment

I am using 3/16 OD tubing, the ID is really small can't remember exactly.

I only need about 2 to 3 get off this to completly slow down the pour at 13psi.

Main reason is because I needed to fit 4 tubes into my elaborate tap tower.
                    I go 3/8 tubing from the kegs to the base of the tap tower and then this really thin stuff the last 2 feet or so up to the taps.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Comment

2.5m 3/8" beer line at 4 degrees and perfect pour.

Check for leaks. Remove any 90 degree bends.

That worked for me ....
                      Busy rebuilding ....

Comment

At one stage I coupled up 5m of tube. Running at 1bar this still made no real difference to foaming.

My biggest issue though, even with 2/3m line, was air/foam building up pockets in each coil of the line and then puking out when trying to pour.

Its an issue that got me frustrated with kegging, and no-one else seems to have it.
                        Cheers,
                        Lang
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Your keg pressures are too high and your dispensing pressure too low, that causes a drop in pressure in the beer line (which causes CO2 to come out of suspension and make bubbles) and you can only compensate by increasing the dispensing pressure. It's a vicious circle. I carbonate my kegs at just around 15 PSI (1bar) for 1-2 days and then leave them to soak.
                          I then dispense at 0.8 bar or around 12-13 PSI. Very few issues. And I can tweak the dispensing pressure upwards with very little chance of over-carbing the keg in the short term.

HOWEVER: almost nobody makes allowance for any keg conditioning (yes, some residual sugars will carry on fermenting) which then pushes the keg pressure up. This screws you up on your baseline keg pressure.

So if I need to transport a keg, I vent the CO2, drive to the event, let the kegs settle for an hour on dispensing pressure, and Bob's your aunty. I use the same method if I think conditioning has increased the keg pressure.

Comment

Thank you all for the advice. Succeeded in getting one tap to pour properly after implementing the advice. Swapped the kegs around and found it is the keg not the tap. Started checking for leaks. When replacing the beer tube, found it is a bit too long. The o-ring did not seal when the post was replaced as the tube pushed against the bottom of the keg. Cut about 2mm off it and reassembled. All now working like a charm. Thanks all

Comment

Working...
                            X