BUGUBrew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
    Noice So not far from going public then?

(On your recipe) Any reason why the strike and sparge volume is closer, eg 50/50 ?
    It's the Castle Lite recipe with dextrose .. so the grainbill is actually smaller than 'normal' - grist strike water ratio is set for 2.5 .. but see there is a mistake in the calcs as it included the dextrose as part of the grist - I'm fixing this as we speak and inbetween my brew. Then the sparge vol is just the diffs between total and strike vols. I also added an infusion step between Alpha B to A - so sparge is even less now.

There's forever niggly bits, couple of bugs , then enhancements, so the software is ever evolving.
    I want to be on a comfortable level to say - ok, this this is stable enough to be deployed and works properly and results are accurate. It'as almost done. Also remember the software is geared according to my brewing procedures - boil kettle as HLT, coolerbox mash tun, boil kettle. I've added the 'no chill' feature as per someones request in the beginning.
    Someone also offered to give it an inital run through - he mentioned was his job as software QA. Then I'd guess alterations afterwards. I'll then offer it to a couple peeps for initial testing. I'm sure there will be alterations made. Anyway it is ongoing, ever improving.
    AlexBrew
    Last edited by AlexBrew; 4 February 2021, 17:10.

Comment

Great going alex! I'm sure you'll find a steady string of beta testers shouting:
      pick-me-ly23w4.jpg

Comment

I've been struggling to draw the line with this software's development - been adding more and more balls to the xmas tree. I've finally decided it's time for an initial roll out.

I've packaged for a 32 bit PC .. if I can have a volunteer to run this version. I'm at this stage just looking for one person to see if the downloads work and the software installs properly. Once this works others may grab a copy.

Yea ? hands up.

EDIT: Volunteers can email me on bugubrew@gmail.com
        AlexBrew
        Last edited by AlexBrew; 27 June 2021, 10:04.

Comment

How did this idea end up?

Any plans to do an Android and macOS versions?

Yes im that guy who uses an android phone, iphone and macbook. Love them all.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
            I've been struggling to draw the line with this software's development - been adding more and more balls to the xmas tree. I've finally decided it's time for an initial roll out.

I've packaged for a 32 bit PC .. if I can have a volunteer to run this version. I'm at this stage just looking for one person to see if the downloads work and the software installs properly. Once this works others may grab a copy.

Yea ? hands up.

EDIT: Volunteers can email me on bugubrew@gmail.com
            Email sent.

Comment

AlexBrew
              AlexBrew Any plans to open this up to the world yet ?
              The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

I have remodelled Bugubrew several times, each time aiming towards a more seamless user flow .. however each remodelling introduces new bugs - which I'm ironing out as I play with it - creating recipes and creating brews, etc.
                I need to get to some closure in breaking/fixing the software and concentrate on sorting out some bugs and finalising a version.
                Lets see what I can come up next week..

Comment

Working...
                X