Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Brews on the go

Hi Guys,

I started 2 brews last Sunday. One was a Coopers Lager with 2kg dextrose and 2 packets kit yeast.

The other was a Morgans Blue Mountain Lager. Also 2kg dextrose with one S23 yeast and one kit yeast.

OG on both was 1.052. I did it to experiment. LOL!

Both are on 1.006 today. I am going to leave it another week but I will take regular readings with the hydrometer. Both taste fine with a strong alcohol taste.

Its standard to add brew enhancer to a kit, but never heard off ading plain dextrose to a kit, what was your goal here? A dubble Black label? Got a bachelor's party coming up?

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

Just experimenting to see the results. I have made kits with and without enhancers. I don't taste the difference.

But the enhancers screw with the FG. I had 4 bottles explode with it.

Now I tried with just dextrose to see the results. My very first beers was just dextrose and they turned out just fine.

Comment

Many an 'e'Merican brews with just dextrose (or like Papasmuft with just tablesugar)

Sounds like yours is done ... but give it 10days ... do tests on day 9/10 and if consistent you can bottle

Those kits are usually done fast, especially the Coopers brand.

you're already sitting at 6% abv
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Will do. I will bottle next week Sunday. Then its at 14 days.

Comment

Seeing as you want to experiment, next time steep some speciality grain. Can do a cold steep over night in the fridge and add it to your kit when you brew.

It elevates and freshens up the taste, depending on the type of beer you can add some biscuit, crystal, carafa or special B.

Cold steeping: Take you speciality grain and add it to a cheesecloth, put in container and cover with cooled boiled water, place in fridge and leave till you brew. Before the brew take out cheesecloth and get most of the liquid out. Chuck the grain tea into your kit. You can give it a quick boil if you want

Comment

Working...
            X