No announcement yet.

Random small questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FG might be higher than it would have been, giving a more full bodied beer.
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Chris_za1
      Chris_za1 - Most of us only do 30 min boils, saves you time on brew day. No adverse affects on your brew - you'll have to adjust your hop schedule, but it's simple if you are using software.

Comment

• IMO you won't notice a difference between two beers that differs with 0.005 gravity points in the style you're making it. I wouldn't fret, in fact, I'd probably just water down the wort to hit the OG and get more beer out of it.

Comment

• I was supposed to bottle my imp stout yesterday but postponed it due to adding the cocoa nibs to the beer (story elsewhere) .. anyway question is:
          I sanised everything yesterday .. now sanitised items bottles, crown caps, bucket, bottle filler, syphon, spoon, etc are waiting patiently for tomorrow when I will bottle. Do I need to sanitise again ? I think I will re-sanitise the bucket and odds .. but not the bottles - which are stored upside down in a crate in the house on top of a table away from dust. I think n the questions really is .. how long does sanitised items stay sanitised for? I know .. 'it depends'. Say stored in a reasonably clean area and not outside next to the dog kennel.

Comment

• As long as it's wet, it's sanitized.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
              As long as it's wet, it's sanitized.
              Ok thanks .. that answers that.
              I'll sanitise the whole lot tomorrow again.. not too much effort. Just the bottles take some time.

Comment

• Well,lets put it this way .... are you willing to dump a batch because you were lazy?
                The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                  Well,lets put it this way .... are you willing to dump a batch because you were lazy?
                  What I was also thinking...

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
                    I was supposed to bottle my imp stout yesterday but postponed it due to adding the cocoa nibs to the beer (story elsewhere) .. anyway question is:
                    I sanised everything yesterday .. now sanitised items bottles, crown caps, bucket, bottle filler, syphon, spoon, etc are waiting patiently for tomorrow when I will bottle. Do I need to sanitise again ? I think I will re-sanitise the bucket and odds .. but not the bottles - which are stored upside down in a crate in the house on top of a table away from dust. I think n the questions really is .. how long does sanitised items stay sanitised for? I know .. 'it depends'. Say stored in a reasonably clean area and not outside next to the dog kennel.
                    I agree with the rest but I'll be honest if something can grow in the high ibu and high abv environment of that RIS then it deserves a shot at life.

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                      Well,lets put it this way .... are you willing to dump a batch because you were lazy?
                      Yea .. lazy ass bum..
                      Also it's a very expensive beer and going to be stored for a long time.
                      So, let's not take any chances.

Comment

• Comments on this? Very good price at R750…

https://www.millside.co.za/shopdisti...TER-p432952395

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_za1 View Post
                          Comments on this? Very good price at R750…

Harhm
                          Harhm was thinking of getting one.

For the price I think it's worthwhile as a toy, and am myself thinking of getting one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris_za1 View Post
                            Comments on this? Very good price at R750…

Very cool. If you want it get it, as to the price I don't know.
                            Happy with my STC1000 and glass hydrometer.
                            Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

• Originally posted by Jitters View Post

Harhm

For the price I think it's worthwhile as a toy, and am myself thinking of getting one.
                              Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post

Very cool. If you want it get it, as to the price I don't know.
                              Happy with my STC1000 and glass hydrometer.
                              I see they have the 55l fermzilla on special and it includes a free rapt

Comment

• Originally posted by Jitters View Post

Harhm

I'm also intrigued, but I'm concerned with connectivity, given that it'll be floating inside a stainless keg inside a fridge... but I really like the idea of these.

Comment

Working...
                                X