Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanitizer Shelf Life

Good Morning All

So I am currently using DemaSan sanitizer from BeerPlus. I would like to know how long would I be able to store / use the sanitizer once I have mixed it with water?

I keep it for basically 2 brews and bottling.

Meaning, basically one month.

Comment

I don't know dermasan but it sounds like an acid based sanitiser. I would monitor the pH, that should give you an indication. But I've stored diluted starsan for months at a time and multiple reuses with no issues- don't know if it's best practice but like I said, haven't really had issues yet.

Comment

+1 on what
        SykomantiS
        SykomantiS said ... I mix a batch (±5L) and use it for months ... Test every few weeks to make sure Ph is under 3 ... if need be add a little concentrate or mix new batch if it looks "weird"

PS: It will stay clear and longer if mixed with RO-water

Edit: I have a 1L PET bottle with Starsan + RO mix that I keep in the fridge and store my hydrometer in .... It still measures under3Ph after more than a year.
        JIGSAW
        Last edited by JIGSAW; 27 July 2022, 14:01.
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Slight hijack
          Do you test the ph with a pool testing kit?

This is based on acid type sanitiser and not something like iodophor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

+1 to what the guys have said about the acid based sanitizer.
            I use Silicone's foaming sanitizer and mix a 5L batch at a time which lasts a looooooooooong time. it does go cloudy, but i keep an eye on the ph and "top it up" if it gets to 3.

Sodium Metabisulfate on the other hand doesn't last, and i'd not keep it stored for too long. I believe it has been discussed at length on the forum - just to lazy to go find it now.

Comment

I use a commercial acid sanitizer and I pre-dilute a huge amount. The pH cannot change without outside influence, hence the sanitizer can't go off.

DemaSan as per Bevplus's website is as follows: "No-rinse foaming acidic sanitiser." I can't see that this would behave any different to other acid based sanitizers.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                I use a commercial acid sanitizer and I pre-dilute a huge amount. The pH cannot change without outside influence, hence the sanitizer can't go off.

DemaSan as per Bevplus's website is as follows: "No-rinse foaming acidic sanitiser." I can't see that this would behave any different to other acid based sanitizers.
                Agree
                Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

Originally posted by HAP-BR3W View Post
                  Slight hijack
                  Do you test the ph with a pool testing kit?

This is based on acid type sanitiser and not something like iodophor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I use this ...
                  https://www.takealot.com/portable-di...m/PLID48545959
                  The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post

Dema is just rebranded Acidisan, same same.

Comment

Thanks Guys for the information. I will mix a big batch and use it for a few brews.

Comment

Working...
                      X