BJCP Taste Exam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BJCP Taste Exam

Are any Worts & All members taking the BJCP exam on Saturday?

Is there one this Saturday as well?

I got an email from the Southyeasters yesterday that said there is an exam on Saturday 6th December, but no mention of one this weekend. Or is that one in Joburg?
    Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

This is the Jhb one.

Are you doing the CT one?

Comment

Originally posted by AtronSeige View Post
        Are you doing the CT one?
        Nah, I don't think so. Maybe I'll change my mind at a later stage, but I have no particular need to do this yet...

Are you doing the JNB one?
        Slainte Mhaith!!

Comment

Originally posted by StevenD (Slainthe) View Post
          Are you doing the JNB one?
          Yes, and I admit that I am worried. I thought I knew my beers and my senses, then you sit next to the masters and you realize how little you know and how little you pick up.

Still a few more days of heavy drinking, I mean studying, left.

Comment

BUMP

are you ready?

I'm petrified.

Comment

Also nervous about tomorrow.

Comment

Is it open book?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CraftyZA View Post
                  Is it open book?
                  The online is open book but @ 15 seconds per question you have NO time for looking up stuff, trust me.

"Compare Munich dunkel to International Amber Lager and highlight the similarities. (More than one response)"

Fook me, it takes 15 seconds just to page thru the style guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
                    Also nervous about tomorrow.
                    Did Chris Roth confirm how late we have to be at the SAB College?

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslouw View Post
                      Did Chris Roth confirm how late we have to be at the SAB College?
                      OK it starts @ 09h00 so between 08h00 and 08h30

Comment

I blew it completely on the APA. Will be lucky to pass. Dunno what went wrong, my nose had a melt-down half way through the test. Oh well, let's hope CT has a taste exam within 12 months.

Comment

Don't count yourself out to quickly. Sensory analysis only counts for 20% of the total score.

I wasn't feeling too good after the exam, but we'll only see when we get the marks though.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Comment

I feel that I need to work on my off flavours. I mistook lactic for chlorophenol. O_o

I will play with doctoring beer tonight to see if I can get both aromas more clearly burnt (probably literally considering the chemicals) into my mind.

I think I also have some sensitivities that I did not hear from the other judges. The huskiness was overpowering on the German Pils, but others did not find it so overpowering.

I do not think I will get the score that I wanted, but at least it was more experience and I was forced to go through the guidelines! :P

@Jakes, remember that you may pick something up because you are super sensitive to it. It is not a fault. You are just really good at smelling poop!

Comment

What are you using to doctor for chorolphenols? Do you have a flavour kit or is there an off the shelf option?

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X