No announcement yet.

Neipa hops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you manage to confirm the meaning of T75 ?

.... and am I right in saying the Galaxy is T90 and not T75 ?
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Yeah so t90, t75, t45 is just how much vegetal matter gets removed. T45 is cryo hops and the brand name for t75 is bbc pure.

You can use about 30-40% less according to their sheet, it should also reduce any hop dosage related off flavors.

You are correct galaxy is just normal t90. Its just the citra and mosiac that is t75

Below is their marketing spiel
      The BBC Pure Hop Pellet is produced using a finer, more uniform grind than standard Type 90 pellets. A sub-zero process of milling and sieving takes place at approx. -35°C (-31°F) to prevent hop resins and essential oils from oxidation. The resulting pellets offer a more intense aroma and flavour.

Comment

Noted, Thx

Comment

little over 3 hours later and the hops have been split and packed. I will ship out tomorrow. I'm at the office tomorrow but Alex and Rikus if you want to swing past my office tomorrow to come pick up you are welcome otherwise we can organize for later the week. Let me know what fits you best.

Comment

Cool, so i can start working on a galaxy recipe then

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
              Cool, so i can start working on a galaxy recipe then
              Read the notes from this years galaxy crop and they say it throws a lot of peach notes. So if I was doing a galaxy only brew I would do a standard apa with verdant IPA yeast( I pick up alot of peach from this yeast) for a nice fruity beer. Would split the hops in wp and dh, maybe do a minimal bittering charge.

My plan is to redo my NEIPA with a mix of verdant and the new england yeast and whirpool 25 galaxy, 50 mosiac, 75 citra and the dry hop the same amount 3 days into fermentation.

Did 15gr nugget for bittering in my current version and it just a tad to bitter, but could also be young. Only been in the keg 9 days, but almost gone. Im struggling to leave it alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jitters View Post
                So africa hops got their latest pellet hops 3 weeks ago.

Im thinking of buying galaxy, mosiac, citra and sublime or tropic for neipa's

The mosiac and citra is T75 . I think this is another name for cryo.

The galaxy, mosiac and citra is between R800-R900 a kg and the sa hops is R300 a kg exl vat.

Is anyone keen ons going in on some of these hops? Its a bit much for me to use up myself so looking to split with someone.
                Damn! How did I miss this one! T75 citra sounds awesome! Though my last group buy hops are still MIA, I guess someone thought it was some sweet bud and is probably trying to smoke it

Comment

Originally posted by hopingmadinZam View Post
                  Damn! How did I miss this one! T75 citra sounds awesome! Though my last group buy hops are still MIA, I guess someone thought it was some sweet bud and is probably trying to smoke it

What really? Did it at least get to the exporter? I'm really sorry to hear that bud.

Comment

All hops have been sent will pm tracking numbers

Comment

Read the notes from this years galaxy crop and they say it throws a lot of peach notes. So if I was doing a galaxy only brew I would do a standard apa with verdant IPA yeast( I pick up alot of peach from this yeast) for a nice fruity beer. Would split the hops in wp and dh, maybe do a minimal bittering charge.

My plan is to redo my NEIPA with a mix of verdant and the new england yeast and whirpool 25 galaxy, 50 mosiac, 75 citra and the dry hop the same amount 3 days into fermentation.

Did 15gr nugget for bittering in my current version and it just a tad to bitter, but could also be young. Only been in the keg 9 days, but almost gone. Im struggling to leave it alone.

Thanks ... Will look at a few APA recipes yes. Im planning to just use Oslo again.

Comment

What really? Did it at least get to the exporter? I'm really sorry to hear that bud.
                        It made it to Zambia they just never told me it arrived then when I asked about it they couldn't locate it. No dramas, it happens. I changed exporters but now I have a worse problem.

Missing taps, tower and disconnects that I'm trying to find now which are missing in Jo'burg.

Comment

eish man that is an expensive missing package. I hope you come right, seems these exporters are a mayor headache

Comment

Thanks ... Will look at a few APA recipes yes. Im planning to just use Oslo again.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoFOJFSBNLM&t=511s

Comment

No chill but kveik kveik [emoji13]

Comment

I nearly started up my kettle when i read this apa plan of yours! With that amount of hops it you should name it the pan galactic gargle blaster!
                                But except for a slice of lemon. It would be like getting hit on the face by a slice of peach wrapped around a gold brick

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X