Hphead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hphead

Received my shipment yesterday from BrewCraft.
    Included was 3 packets of Mangrove Jack's Hophead Ale yeast - M66.
    Will be giving it a go soon.

M66.jpg
    Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

I'd love to know what those enzymes do, and how they work. I see my local brewshop now stocks hop enzymes that boosts hop flavour, so I'd love to know how and if it works.

Comment

I'm guessing it would work best with dry hops
      hopingmadinZam
      Last edited by hopingmadinZam; 29 September 2021, 12:36.

Comment

Bah! what's going on with the edit comments - deleted my original post, twice

Original post: Looks interesting, would be keen to give it a try, the enzyme could be good to use with what ever yeast you like.

@toxxyc - Cactus is your local eh?

Saw this just now.

Aromazyme

Get more flavour and aroma from your hops by using exogenous β-glucosidase.

A food-grade enzyme preparation with a strong glycosidase activity derived from a selected strain of Aspergillus niger. It is composed of β-glucosidase enzymes that are capable of hydrolyzing the glycosidic bonds, liberating monoterpene alcohol compounds, and glucose.

Dosage: 5g/hL – Dilute 1:10 in water
        Storage: 0-25C

Comment

Yeah I switched to Cactus Craft for 99% of my brewing needs these days. Not far from my place and their service is good.

Comment

I just put in a massive order with them, should be on the way to Zambia come Friday. I was really impressed with their customer service and very competitive pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
              Received my shipment yesterday from BrewCraft.
              Included was 3 packets of Mangrove Jack's Hophead Ale yeast - M66.
              Will be giving it a go soon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3630[/ATTACH]
              I have a voucher and thinking of getting some of this. How did this end up working for you? most specifically with NEIPA's

Comment

Originally posted by Jitters View Post

I have a voucher and thinking of getting some of this. How did this end up working for you? most specifically with NEIPA's
                I feel it does improve aroma and flavour, works better than any other yeast I have used for a NEIPA. I have used Magrove Jacks S33, M47. Safale S-04 and Lallemand New England (American East Coast) yeats.

Comment

Thanks I won a voucher off facebook and will pick up a couple of packs of this yeast to try it out .

If I like it I will buy the enzyme separately, it's expensive but you need so little I think it should last forever basically

Aromazyme - 100g - Hop Biotransformation - Cactus Craft

Comment

initial review of this yeast is that it's crap and I highly recommend to not buy/use it. it made my beer thin with minimal hop aroma, the taste is also not great. Rather use Verdant IPA for hazies.

Comment

Originally posted by Jitters View Post
                      initial review of this yeast is that it's crap and I highly recommend to not buy/use it. it made my beer thin with minimal hop aroma, the taste is also not great. Rather use Verdant IPA for hazies.
                      Interesting. I had none of the issues mentioned, FG was 1.012 and I still had plenty of hop aroma and my bear tasted great.
                      I will use it again.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post

Interesting. I had none of the issues mentioned, FG was 1.012 and I still had plenty of hop aroma and my bear tasted great.
                        I will use it again.
                        My fg is 1.014, beer is still thin

Give verdant Ipa a try sometime, would love to hear your thoughts compared to hophead

Comment

My understanding 1.1014 is considered full bodied.

Use more caramel malts
                          More unmalted grain
                          Higher mash temperature
                          Low attenuation yeast

leads to a higher FG.

When using the M66 I used 15% unmalted grain, 5% caramel malts, mashed at 69C
                          BeerHolic
                          Last edited by BeerHolic; 11 February 2022, 08:12.

Comment

Working...
                          X