WortsandAll Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WortsandAll Upgrades

Everyone should have noticed by now the announcement, but bear in mind the Wortsandall Website will be unavailable from 6pm tonight while we perform the upgrade.

We will endeavour to keep the disruption as short as possible.
    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Noted ... I drink heavily that time in any event

Thanks for doing this
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Hi all

The upgrades have been completed.

The changes are largely superficial to the end user - most of it is in the engine room.

One thing to note however is the introduction of social groups. This gives greated flexibility for those who want to have specific groups for things like beer clubs. I havent explored this functionality in detail, but it should replace the specific forums we have in place for clubs.

also I encourage you to use the blogging feature. It's been very quiet there.

If there are any issues, please start a new thread for each issue in this forum, so I can keep track.

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Thanks for the upgrades .... Any dark theme available and how to apply?

Smilie bug posted > https://www.wortsandall.co.za/forum/...ullitin-v5-6-5

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
          Thanks for the upgrades .... Any dark theme available and how to apply?

Yup.. click here

Screenshot 2022-01-09 111931.jpg

Comment

Is the Tapatalk plugin running, seems to not be working on my phone.

Comment

Looking good and feeling more modern. Thanks Simon
              Cheers,
              Lang
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Wow, came back after working for 3 weeks on the pub and the whole forum has changed.

Well done, Si........

Comment

Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
                  Is the Tapatalk plugin running, seems to not be working on my phone.
                  Can you try now?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonB View Post

Can you try now?
                    Working thanks Simon!

Comment

New site is looking sharp! Maybe I'm just being thick, but I can't seem to find a "New Posts" button. I see a "New Topics" button... is that the same thing (though that seems more like a new threads...)?

Comment

Originally posted by Rikusj View Post
                        New site is looking sharp! Maybe I'm just being thick, but I can't seem to find a "New Posts" button. I see a "New Topics" button... is that the same thing (though that seems more like a new threads...)?
                        New topic = new post. Otherwise it's a reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikusj View Post
                          That's the one thing I DON'T like so far ... with the old "new post" I could see exactly when I last posted so I new everything that's above my post is new. The "new Topic" feature doesn't work the same and I seem to miss some "new" replies I belong to a few forums, and this one seems confusing ... yea yea, I shouldn't complain, just putting it out there.

Comment

Yeah bit difficult to figure out what hasn't been read so far. it used to have a different image when there were new posts in a thread, but it sure would be nice if it worked like mybroadband where it took you to the newest post since you last visited a thread, but I would settle to be able to see what threads are new.

Comment

Does that little icon not do what you guys are looking for (it's a different url to the topic heading next to it- it appends ?goto=newpost to the end of the url)? Or am I misunderstanding?

It takes you to the latest unread post of a new/current topic.

wortsandall.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X