20l urn for a homebrewer starting up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20l urn for a homebrewer starting up

So, in the spirit of paying it forward, I got this urn a few years ago when I just started out, from Langchop. I believe it's in good spirit to now pass it on. I've tried to modify it for some other uses (you'll see), but it ended up not working as I wished so it's now stashed, unused. I thought I'd still use it, but I am not, and it's time to stop fooling myself.

It's an urn rated for like 25l or something, but it won't hold 25l. Safely it'll boil around 20l, maybe a tad more or less, I haven't measured in a long time. It's a double-walled urn, insulated on the inside by Langchop before I got it, and for a mash tun and boiler it's incredible, and works like a charm.

I drilled and riveted clips to the side and lid to try and build a pressure-tight seal in an effort to make an electric still out of it, but it never worked well (the lid kept leaking), so if you're happy taking it as it, it's yours. My only requirement is that it shouldn't be sold, please, and given to a starting homebrewer who will use it to brew, like I did. I'll post pics in a bit.

I might be in SA next month, if available by then ill gladly take it. Would be the perfect start for my journey.
    How much would shipment to Komatipoort, mpumalanga be? Courier guy rough figures

Comment

I have no idea, to be honest. That'll be your baby to sort out :P

Comment

No problem, most likely will be there on the weekend of the 4th. Where are you located? Might be in Sandton/Rosebank area

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
          So, in the spirit of paying it forward, .
          Good on ya!

Cheers,
          Lang
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Originally posted by Maputo_Brew View Post
            No problem, most likely will be there on the weekend of the 4th. Where are you located? Might be in Sandton/Rosebank area
            I'm in Pretoria, Moot area. So a bit off Sandton, but not too far. You're welcome to pick up as well. It's around my kid's birthday so I should be around here somewhere.

Comment

Toxxyc
              Toxxyc Thanks a million for the urn and the help putting together the rest of the kit plus the recipe.

All the stuff are on the way to Mozambique and should arrive around 6pm.

Comment

Working...
              X