Beer Tastings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Tastings?

I am interested in doing a "proper" beer tasting. This will involve various beers from all over the world, some craft, some well known.

I would like to do it with the BJCP as a guideline. I will try to get a certified judge or two to join so that we can see what the "experts" say and then we can ridicule them.

Would anyone be interested in joining me for such an event? There will be a cost involved (importing beers are expensive) per taster.

Cheers

Jaco

That would be a great initiative Jaco. Pity you're too far north as I'd love to be involved. If you need anything from us as W&A, let me know
    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Comment

Sure Simon! Go to Den Anker at V&A or Belgian Beer Company, pick up some beer and come and join us on this side of the Boerewors Gordyn!

Comment

A friend of mine went to Den Anker a couple of weeks back and he was pretty dissapointed in the range of beer they had
        Busy rebuilding ....

Comment

Their 40 footer container landed in South Africa on Monday. They have most of their stock again.

Comment

Originally posted by AtronSeige View Post
            Their 40 footer container landed in South Africa on Monday. They have most of their stock again.

My manager is in Cape Town at the moment .... mmmm ... maybe he must go on field trip
            Busy rebuilding ....

Comment

I already have contacts at Den Anker and Belgium Beer Company!

If you are serious I will start organizing the beers, if you (your manager) can get them here!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by AtronSeige View Post
                I already have contacts at Den Anker and Belgium Beer Company!

If you are serious I will start organizing the beers, if you (your manager) can get them here!

Cheers
                Oi, send some Chimay Bleu my way first!! Grand Reserve will do too !
                Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Comment

Faan, how long is your manager in CT?

Is he/she driving back, or flying... How strong is he/she (how many cases can he/she carry)?

I think a few more people might get interested in obtaining a few pints.

Comment

I'll have to find about his schedule .....
                    Busy rebuilding ....

Comment

Working...
                    X