New Partial Mash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Partial Mash

Having done a all extract brew( keg ran out last night ), next step is to get down and dirty with partial, and then move on to all grain, but baby steps.

Here are some pics of my en devour to beery goodness.

Now can you imagine better looking brew stand ( My wife only let me use it because she loves beer just as much as I do )

Doing 3 batches to fill 2 30 L kegs

I'll have to make a brew stand with a bigger burner, with small batches it just takes too long, can't imagine how long a 30 Lt All grain will take.

But some more updates

Probably one of the best Toys I have ever bought, a wireless digital thermometer, so you don't have to hover around the kettle and wait for it to get to Strike/Boil, I use these to smoke meat as well

Brewing has its pains

Cooling Coil

Cooler

One batch I got the cooler down to 0, cooled the wort from boil to 25 in 7 minutes, return line gets very hot, think I might go for larger lines and a bigger pump to increase the flow

Well that's that, now on to All grain. here is some of the pics from my bar and stuff

Comment

I would head straight to all grain if your setup was mine. You know it is where you will end and your equipment is geared allready.

Comment

Awsm stuff.
        2017 SANHC-Finals-German Pilsner.2019 Academy of Taste-1st Lager +1st Overall-German Leichtbier.2019 Free State Fermenters-1st Place-Australian Sparkling Ale.2019 SANHC-Final Round-German Leichtbier.2020 SANHC-Top 5-EishBock.2021 SANHC-Low Alcohol Cat: 2nd-2%Lager, Over All Cat: 2nd-Schwarzbier.2022 Free State Fermenters-1st-American light Lager.2022 Fools and Fans National Competition-Top 5-Dunkles Bock

Comment

Btw I see on the images a name hugo. That is my surname!!

Comment

Nice setup
            The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Jeez! If I got Tanja a kitchen like that I would not be allowed CLOSE to it, no matter how much she loves beer!

Great equipment!

Comment

LOL
                The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Thanks for the comments gents. Well it was a Thursday public holiday and my wife was at work.... And I cleaned REALLY well. I'm in the process of making a brew stand and moving out of the kitchen, strong as the burner is, I'm thinking a 100,000 btu burner might just speed things along

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse Boy View Post
                    I'm thinking a 100,000 btu burner might just speed things along
                    Be careful not to burn your wort.

Comment

Originally posted by AtronSeige View Post
                      Be careful not to burn your wort.
                      I will keep an eye out for that, the burner makes a wide flame, more surface area so more heat in without the hot spots, at lease that is the plan [emoji3].

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse Boy View Post
                        I will keep an eye out for that, the burner makes a wide flame, more surface area so more heat in without the hot spots, at lease that is the plan [emoji3].
                        Here are a few burners that you might be interested in. http://www.totai.co.za/product-categ...tic/cast-iron/

Comment

Working...
                        X