Bye Bye Grolsch flippers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye Bye Grolsch flippers

I went to pick up some more Groslch from my local bottle store and every single new bottle comes with a normal cap.
    So I went to a few others to check and all of the new stock is capped.

So it looks like Im going to need to find a new flipper source, not super keen to start capping and kegging is a long way off.
    It seems kinda sad to me, those flippers were probably one of the reason people bought them to begin with!

Oh shit, really? I have a good number of them on hand but I'm always looking for more...
    I get my mates to buy them in exchange for home brews so that i can keep the bottles and got 4 more just this last weekend.

A friend of mine ordered a few cases from Norman Goodfellows recently, try checking them out if you're desperate?

https://www.ngf.co.za/collections/be...32058672840753
    CaPunT
    Last edited by CaPunT; 11 September 2020, 11:15. Reason: added link

Comment

https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/4816...p_Bottles.html
      The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

haha what a rip off - you can get 8 news ones with beer in them for the same price!

Comment

Weird, my local Tops still has the 4 packs of flip tops

Comment

Originally posted by CaPunT View Post
            haha what a rip off - you can get 8 news ones with beer in them for the same price!
            Tell me about it ... you must see the crazy prices on e-bay

Comment

Originally posted by BackOffMyBrew View Post
              Weird, my local Tops still has the 4 packs of flip tops
              Its probably old stock then.
              Its either that or they have switched to bringing in the lager, its a normal capped bottle vs their signature style in the flipper.

Hopefully they come back soon, I have 50 odd bottles but that is pretty much a single 20L batch!

Comment

Originally posted by CaPunT View Post
                Oh shit, really? I have a good number of them on hand but I'm always looking for more...
                I get my mates to buy them in exchange for home brews so that i can keep the bottles and got 4 more just this last weekend.

A friend of mine ordered a few cases from Norman Goodfellows recently, try checking them out if you're desperate?

https://www.ngf.co.za/collections/be...32058672840753
                I see they are out of stock on them too. Might just have been something related to the lockdown bans and new stock coming into the country.

Comment

Comment

And they are back!
                    It seems only the 330ml capped lagers were available after lockdown restrictions.
                    Today I found the 440ml flippers back in stock when picking up wine for my wife.
                    Happy days!

Comment

Had a feeling Covid was behind it

Comment

yeah, ever since you posted this i've been popping into bottle stores(when i was near any) to see if they were still around, and have yet to NOT find them

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket-Boy View Post
                          And they are back!
                          It seems only the 330ml capped lagers were available after lockdown restrictions.
                          Today I found the 440ml flippers back in stock when picking up wine for my wife.
                          Happy days!
                          I need to buy a couple of carry packs

Sent from my SM-A107F using Tapatalk
                          LiquidBread
                          Last edited by LiquidBread; 1 October 2020, 19:31.

Comment

Saw a whole bunch of the pop top 6 packs at Ultra Liquors Wynberg in CT

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                              Had a feeling Covid was behind it
                              I was really hoping it was and Im super happy it ended up like that!

I dont have capping or kegging equipment so my flippers are important.
                              What I have found is that keeping track of the samples I gave to mates and getting the bottles back is a pain! I might need to look into capping at some stage.

Comment

Working...
                              X