Everyone must beleive in something, I beleive I'll have another beer

Comment

beerlab - thats where i saw it

Comment

Its u1 and n1 experimental hops. They now have actual names

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

I want to order hops from SA hop farms.
            They have U1/108 (Southern Tropic) and U3/132 available.
            I want to use as a flavour and aroma hop.
            Anybody used them ?, what are they like ?

Comment

My 2c, don't. But I dislike sab hops with a southern passion. Perhaps dont listen to anything I say about sab....anything

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHolic View Post
                I want to order hops from SA hop farms.
                They have U1/108 (Southern Tropic) and U3/132 available.
                I want to use as a flavour and aroma hop.
                Anybody used them ?, what are they like ?
                Southern Tropic is great in Pales and IPA's ... used it a few times since it was released

The U3/132 .... I have no idea what that is

Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                My 2c, don't. But I dislike sab hops with a southern passion. Perhaps dont listen to anything I say about sab....anything

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
                LOL .... jy's net vol kak ... they make some great hops

EDIT:
                Drinking this at the moment ... if I didn't brew this myself, I would have no clue it's SA hops ... damn nice beer and WILL be brewed again to same spec
                Screenshot_8.jpg
                JIGSAW
                Last edited by JIGSAW; 24 March 2021, 19:20.
                The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post

LOL .... jy's net vol kak ... they make some great hops

EDIT:
                  Drinking this at the moment ... if I didn't brew this myself, I would have no clue it's SA hops ... damn nice beer and WILL be brewed again to same spec
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]3191[/ATTACH]
                  Ek is nie vol kak bier nie, just the good stuff I did try sab fhlops once, it was kinda bland, there's a twang that I just cant get to enjoy. It's like stepping on legos, then stubbing your toe at 2am in the morning on your way to take a leak, it's beer but a painful experience. Add sab corn uhm malt with that and you're rearing for cheap flavored water. Actually sab malt isn't terrible if you add a lot of specialities to prop it up

That beer does looks good, I see you used magnum and Voss to save it from that african queen, good save !

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                    The U3/132 .... I have no idea what that is

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3191[/ATTACH]
                    Never heard of it either till I got price list from SA hop farms.
                    Did some google
                    About 17% AA
                    cohumulone 27%
                    ripe mango, watermelon, pineapple, guava, tangerine peel, tropical punch, and dank

Comment

I made a kickass tropical IPA with S.Tropic before. It's a lovely hop, albeit a tiny bit one-dimensional.

Comment

Ordered half kg of U3/132.
                        Will let know my opinion once brewed with it, likely only in a couple of months or so.
                        At R103 for half a kg, no real loss if it turns out crap.

Comment

Quick Question about Southern Star, Has anyone used it for a dry hop? what flavors do you get from it? Panic bought some in lockdown and thinking of using it up as a dry hop in my next Blonde.

Comment

Originally posted by Jitters View Post
                            Quick Question about Southern Star, Has anyone used it for a dry hop? what flavors do you get from it? Panic bought some in lockdown and thinking of using it up as a dry hop in my next Blonde.
                            I've only ever used it as a bittering hop as it gives a nice clean bitterness.

But apparently in works great in hoppy beers with lots of fruit coming through when used as a DH

So personally I wouldn't overly hop or even DH a Blonde ... maybe think something closer to hoppy APA ?
                            The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Have only used S. Star for bittering.
                              Made a smash with U3/132 yesterday.
                              Will let know what it is like.

Comment

Working...
                              X