Noob Guy Chili dawg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob Guy Chili dawg

Greetings fellow brewers. I started making wine 3 years ago and really enjoyed the results. I started all grain brewing about a year ago and have three lagers, a pilsner, an American pale ale and a very nice Guinness clone under my belt. got real tired of washing bottles so built myself a keezer and got to kegging my brews. I also built myself a reflux still and pulled out some high ABV spirits. Aside my brewing hobby, I love riding off road and adventure bikes. I hope to learn from you all and add some value where I am able. Thanks for admitting me to your forum.

@Chili Dog Welcome

EDIT: How do you make your wine ... from kit or fresh stuff ?
    The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Welcome! I'm sure you will enjoy your time here

Comment

Thank you..

Comment

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
          @Chili Dog Welcome

EDIT: How do you make your wine ... from kit or fresh stuff ?
          I use a kit from Canada. Its fresh, The grapes have already had the juice extracted. Tastes good.

Comment

Hi Dude! Welcome. Speak to @SimonB so we can get our own wine corner, or whine corner!
            Would love to start making wine 2. Looks like you're chugging allong at one hell of a pace!

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome chilli,
              I've always wanted to make a chilli beer, did a chilli and lemon grass kombucha which was pretty amazing.
              anyway I digress, enjoy the chit chat.

Comment

Howzit, what bikes have you got?

I've given up racing enduro due to kids.... Just riding my Tiger XC now.

Comment

Welcome Chili Dog.

Some good info on this forum. So I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Share some pics of your setup if you don't mind [emoji482]

Comment

Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
                    Speak to @SimonB so we can get our own wine corner,
                    *cough*

Done that a long time ago, mate: https://wortsandall.co.za/forumdisplay.php?73-Wine

Also, Chilli Dog, could I get a link to your wine kit? I'd LOVE to get my hands on one. I can't find them in SA at all.

Comment

Oops. Thanks

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

Wine - is that the stuff from grapes? I used to enjoy good wine, nowadays it's quite single sided in profile, especially compared to a decent brew. We'll at least to me, my tastebuds has evolved
                        Bikes, I used to privateer but my race spec cbr1krr is a distant memory, i also had a crf250 some years back - great fun!
                        These days I toddle along on my classic zx12r, although i'm considering something else.
                        those on/off road bikes, how do they handle on/off road?

Comment

Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
                          Wine - is that the stuff from grapes? I used to enjoy good wine, nowadays it's quite single sided in profile, especially compared to a decent brew. We'll at least to me, my tastebuds has evolved
                          Bikes, I used to privateer but my race spec cbr1krr is a distant memory, i also had a crf250 some years back - great fun!
                          These days I toddle along on my classic zx12r, although i'm considering something else.
                          those on/off road bikes, how do they handle on/off road?
                          Adventure riding is basically the biggest compromise you'll ever make but the most fun you'll ever have. You cannot have a bike that does everything on-road brilliantly and everything off-oad brilliantly, the setups are at the opposite end of each spectrum in terms of tyres, suspension, ergonomics - everything.

You'll need to decide on what it is you see yourself doing. Do you want to do tar touring with a bit of sand road? Do you want to take a pillion? Dual sport, where you load up and take your bike up mountains and camp for the night? Some bikes are better at each of these things than others however you'll likely want to do a mix of these things which again throws your whole decision into oblivion.

The best all rounders for doing everything are the mid weight 800cc bikes, GS 800, Tiger 800 / 900, KTM 790 / 890 but remember a bike that is ok at everything is good at absolutely nothing!

This is the kinda nonsense we get up to:

Apologies in advance for the sound quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeED0D-PCqk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug4C7kPbrJE

Comment

Last thing before we (I) hijack this thread completely. Adventure biking is about the journey, not the destination, if you buy a bike that isn't as good off-road and your buddies blast off without you in the technical bits..... Get new riding buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark250GP View Post
                              Howzit, what bikes have you got?

I've given up racing enduro due to kids.... Just riding my Tiger XC now.
                              Hi mark, I think I know you. Aren't you mates with Blankie? I've currently got two KTM XCW 250's my son is racing hard enduro this year. A KTM 690R, A KTM 1190R, an old Yammie Tenere (provisionally sold) and a Honda CBR. Get the kids involved best family fun ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X