X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berm C100

Hi All,

If someone can help me please?

i have a Berm C100 with RTD Pt100 probe. Regards wiring, the unit has 8,9 and 10 for probe. I am confused regards connecting the probe, 8 = +, 9 and 10 blue wires from probe. Do i need to bridge anything? Does the unit need changes to pick up the probe?

Thanks,

Ok ill try but plz wait till one of the more electronically inclined peeps answer.
    Rtds have 2 sensors built in so you just leave the one blue wire for another day. Use 8 and 9 only.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

have a REX C100 with a k type thermocouple. blue wire on 9 and red wire on 10. in the manual it looks as 8 is + RexC100Wire.jpg

Comment

A 3 wire rtd uses the additional wire to cancel out effects of the wire's resistance I think, so you should use all three. Two of the wires should have the same colour (and will be shorted) – two colour matched wires therefore connected to one side of the probe and one wire to the other. Your PID should have something on the side that notes how to connect a typical thermocouple vs an RTD probe. The RTD probe diagram should be across pins 8, 9 and 10. You should see a little square that denotes the probe, with a single line on one side and two connecting lines on the other. Use that to reference the colour coded leads of the probes. Hope that makes sense…

Comment

and yes - you need to change the PID's settings tell it you've connected a RTD probe. Did yours come with a little instruction Pamphlet? It's not the most easy to read document, but there should be a little table with different types of probes listed. You'll need to find the 4 digit code for a PT100 RTD probe (mine was 1000).

Comment

Originally posted by Rikusj View Post
            and yes - you need to change the PID's settings tell it you've connected a RTD probe. Did yours come with a little instruction Pamphlet? It's not the most easy to read document, but there should be a little table with different types of probes listed. You'll need to find the 4 digit code for a PT100 RTD probe (mine was 1000).
            I think all of the Rex C100's use the same config, its hard as heck to find a manual that isnt written in Engrish though...
            Im looking to change from the K type to the same 1/2" RTD you used, its a much better solution than dangling the thermocouple in the urn.

I meant to ask from before, do you run recirc when boiling? if not are you just letting the PID assume that whatever temp it has is well below 100c and letting it keep trying to get there?

Comment

Thanks All,

I am not sure but might have a faulty Berm unit.

So i changed the input type to PT = PT100, Pin 8 is positive ( Red Wire ), 9 & 10 ( Blue Wires ). All i get is uuu on display ( input broken line ) it showed -45 then nothing

I have tried another RTD probe and cable same result.

When i us the k type on pin 10 + and 9 blue wire it works.

Any factory rest i can try on the unit?

Comment

opened the plug side of probe and short... No more error but reading is -46

Comment

Originally posted by KevinLourens View Post
                  Thanks All,

I am not sure but might have a faulty Berm unit.

So i changed the input type to PT = PT100, Pin 8 is positive ( Red Wire ), 9 & 10 ( Blue Wires ). All i get is uuu on display ( input broken line ) it showed -45 then nothing

I have tried another RTD probe and cable same result.

When i us the k type on pin 10 + and 9 blue wire it works.

Any factory rest i can try on the unit?
                  Afaik there were a few different firmware versions of that PID.
                  If it works with the k type then its most likely didnt save the RTD settings.
                  I have the Berme Rex c-100 but Im using k type on it so didnt need to change anything.

Comment

the K type works with the unit, i just assumed it could handle the RTD probe as it has connections on pin 8,9 and 10. My other units only has connections on pin 9 & 10.

If you switch the PID on you see the thermocouple selected and it shows a y, this can be changed in the settings to rtd.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinLourens View Post
                      the K type works with the unit, i just assumed it could handle the RTD probe as it has connections on pin 8,9 and 10. My other units only has connections on pin 9 & 10.

If you switch the PID on you see the thermocouple selected and it shows a y, this can be changed in the settings to rtd.
                      Yeah I should check the settings on mine, I have never bothered since building the controller so maybe its a good time.
                      I want to change to the RTD on mine so Im hoping there is a solution to this.

Comment

I have a feeling it has to be a PT100 compatible unit, on the side of the unit they have a model number.

Rikus can you check what it says on the side of your C100?

Comment

I'll open up my control box and take pictures of the pid and how I have it wired later today.

Here are pics of the box and info sheet from mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket-Boy View Post
                            I meant to ask from before, do you run recirc when boiling? if not are you just letting the PID assume that whatever temp it has is well below 100c and letting it keep trying to get there?
                            I missed this yesterday! I don't recirculate during the boil...

I have an on-off-on switch wired between the urn and the mains. On the "Up" on setting the PID is in the circuit and able to control the power to the element. On the "Down" on setting the element is just connected straight to the mains (i.e. full power). When going from Mash to Boil I flip the switch from "up" on to "down" on and then control boil intensity with the SCR.

Comment

Thanks Rikus, much appreciated.

i looked and my model is REX-C100FK05-V*DA.

Comment

Working...
                              X