Hooked Home Brewer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
    But isn't nova further as Paarden Eiland lays "behind" Montague Gardens? ... + they don't always let you wait?
    Novamarine and Fire Appliance is in closer proximity to one another, trans fire is a bit out coming from the Southern suburbs, although I popped into the Uk emporium on the way back which made it wort while

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by groenspookasem View Post
      R120 fill whilst you wait. Cash only. Its an hours drive one way for me...felt like the sign for paternoster was coming up. Too far, ill stick with Fas or novamarine

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
      Thanks. I often head to MG so this will likely be my next refill stop

Comment

Hi All,

So to wind-up this thread, the first brew was a great success.

I'm really happy with the way the beer came out. A tasty easy drinking beer. I had a bit of fun designing a label to give it that craft beer look.

It's not as clear as I thought it would be, but I really can't complain.

APA 3 (2).jpgAmerican Pale Ale 1.jpgAPA 5.jpgAPA 4.jpg

Comment

Looks great !! Nothing better than enjoying your first brew! Apart from each subsequent one.... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by BushWanderer View Post
            Hi All,

So to wind-up this thread, the first brew was a great success.

I'm really happy with the way the beer came out. A tasty easy drinking beer. I had a bit of fun designing a label to give it that craft beer look.

It's not as clear as I thought it would be, but I really can't complain.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2453[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2452[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2454[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2455[/ATTACH]
            Clarity will take time and experience to get right. Don't worry about it. Also keep in mind that you brewed an APA, and the amount of hops in there cause a lot of clarity issues. It took me MONTHS to get a hoppy brew clear in the past, so don't worry about it.

On the beer, well done! There are few things are rewarding as drinking a nice homebrew...

Comment

Once again, Congrats

PS: i think my first brew was the only one I ever made labels for
              The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Yeah same. I got some cool little stickers to stick on the caps of some brews, but it turned out too much effort. Now I just have crates standing around and when I want to know what's in a bottle and hold it up to the light thinking "what did I brew with that colour recently".

It's a guessing game, but it's a nice guessing game. The other day I thought something was a shitty cider, but it turned out to be a nicely aged Vienna lager instead. SCORE!

Comment

Once again, Congrats

If I ever get to bottle and sell my swill, I'm calling it 'Anonymous Brewery', that way I never need labels

Comment

If I bottle, I use a sharpie and label the cap, easy peasy to "clean"

Comment

Working...
                    X