Regulator - R950
    2m gas line - R40
    2m beer line - R130
    Picnic tap - R50
    Co2 cylinder with turn valve - R1 050

Total - R3 790

Comment

Originally posted by Bosvelder View Post
      That sounds about right, possibly even a few hundred ront more.

I use R50 picnic taps in the kegerator itself. Not sexy, but work 100%.

Also, bear in mind, that unless you plan your brews very well, and are happy with a dry day or two while you cold crash and carbonate, it may be better to bite the bullet and get at least two kegs.
      A Wise man.

If you want simple, it's a cheap start, but a single keg kind of negates the benefit of kegging

But also, be real. You brew a s*** load of beer!. Everyone here knows in six months you will be on keg no 4 and building a bank of taps. You might as well plan for it and especially get a bigger co2 tank etc
      Langchop
      Last edited by Langchop; 2 February 2021, 06:36.
      Cheers,
      Lang
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

Heh. I brew a lot but it's mostly for other people. I want to steer clear from too many kegs right now as I don't have space to keep them cold. I have considered converting my ferm fridge, but I'm not sure. If I do, I'll probably have to stick with kveik yeasts until I can get another one and I'm just not sure I want to do that right now. Hence the 9l keg idea. I don't mind bottling half either, I just want to start SOMEWHERE.

Comment

OK so I ordered a corny, regulator, picnic tap, connectors and 2m of each gas and beer line. Will probably come this coming week sometime. I'll also go pick up a 2kg CO2 cylinder (might just up that to 5kg, we'll see) this coming week.

Now the question - how does one do this? I was thinking (logically):

1. Sanitize the keg.
          2. Connect gas line.
          3. Turn on CO2 to the keg and check for leaks.
          4. Purge keg with CO2.
          5. Kill gas, release keg pressure, open keg.
          5. Pour/tap beer into keg, being careful not to splash too much (got a hose, will fill from below).
          6. Open gas, turn regulator up to carbonation pressure (I dunno how much this is).
          7. Let it sit overnight to carbonate.
          8. Turn regulator down to serving pressure (10 PSI or thereabouts?).
          9. Enjoy.

Does this sound about right?

Comment

Jip that sounds good. Id just properly clean the keg. Not only sanitize. You dont know where its been. And if its brand new you need to get the lube off

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
              OK so I ordered a corny, regulator, picnic tap, connectors and 2m of each gas and beer line. Will probably come this coming week sometime. I'll also go pick up a 2kg CO2 cylinder (might just up that to 5kg, we'll see) this coming week.

1. Sanitize the keg.
              2. Connect gas line.
              4. Purge keg with CO2.
              5. Pour/tap beer into keg, being careful not to splash too much (got a hose, will fill from below).
              6. Open gas, turn regulator up to carbonation pressure (I dunno how much this is).
              9. Enjoy.

Where did you buy these from?

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post

1. Sanitize the keg.
                2. Connect gas line.
                4. Purge keg with CO2.
                9. Enjoy.

The one step that I saw some people do between 5 and 6 is to purge it a few times after adding the co2. To try and remove some o2 in the headspace that got in during filling. Although it appears to be a debatable point, but you can't lose anything in doing it is the way I am looking at it

Comment

T.b.h though you are describing the slow and steady patient method which does not sound like you. Somewhere on here is groenspooks burst carb method. I use that to get carbed beer is 10min

Comment

Carbing at carbonation pressures takes a week or two. Trying to get say 70% of the way there by force and agitation would be your style, like Jannie says.

I would edge up to carbonation level slowly and patiently, otherwise you risk a frustrating start with kegging if you over carbonate
                    Cheers,
                    Lang
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

I'm going to build a new forced carbonation system next week .... watch this space ....
                      Busy rebuilding ....

Comment

Point 3 and 4 just wastes gas.

After racking into the keg pot the lid on and apply gas, then burp the keg a couple times to displace air with the CO2

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Comment

Im with you. But for his first use id check the kegs for leaks before sending my precious beer that way

Comment

Point 6

I do 30-40PSI for ±24hrs on my kegs.
                            The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Kit is from, uuh, shit. Lemme check.

Kegsolutions. Well known place. Keg comes clean and with all new seals and everything. He ran a special, keg all serviced and tested, connectors and everything, party tap, regulator and 2m of each gas and beer line for R2300. Had to take it.

Comment

That's a good deal
                                The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Working...
                                X