Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone explain this screw on the taps

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417445445.899852.jpg

I have been struggling to get my keezer right and was wondering if this screw could have something to do with foaming

No that screw is for dismantling it and cleaning it, make sure it is tight. Foaming has to do with balancing the pressure, temperature and beer line lenght/diameter. Check the description at www.kegsolutions.co.za on balancing a keezer system.
    I spent 90% of my money on brewing and drinking beer and the other 10% I wasted

Comment

I would start with the right length of tubing as Rooster said.

Fiddle with the flow control (the knob on the side) and let the beer pour SLOWLY. If that still causes too much foaming look for other problems.

Make sure your beer is kegged at the right pressure. Your serving pressure should be lower than or equal to your carbonation level. If it is higher your beer will overcarbonate.

The less sharp turns, the less foaming.

Clean everything again - DISASSEMBLE EVERYTHING.

Make sure you have the right tap. Certain taps are created for certains beers. For instance; if you have a English Tap with Sparkler and you put a normal or high carb beer through that you will have FOAM! If you have a sparkler, remove it. If you prefer high carb beers, get a lager tap.

Comment

Working...
      X