Random small questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
    If it's not done fermenting, I wouldn't move it off the yeast cake. You're taking out most of the workers who still has to eat through the remaining sugar.
    If this is for me. I pitched the yeast and nutrients 22 May, added another 2g yeast about 5 days later with yeast nutrients. There is absolutely no activity since last week already iirc.

Learning to get myself intoxicated on some nice home brewed beer. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Comment

• Water chemistry is yet another interesting can of worms in the land of brewing, add that to the massive ph drop experienced with plain sugar fermentations, it's no wonder you're this low in ph. Iirc calcium carbonate/chalk or calcium sulphate/gypsum can increase your ph also magnesium sulphate/epsom salt but there's limits to how much you can use. bicarbonate will actually help prevent ph changes.

increasing your ph too high can also improve risk of infections, there's a definitive happy range for yeast to ferment in and yet another reason I like kveik, it drops ph a little lower than other saccharomyces cerevisiae strains decreasing that infection risk slightly.

Comment

• Originally posted by RudiC View Post
        What is that you're referring to? Still early for me, sorry

Learning to get myself intoxicated on some nice home brewed beer. Constructive criticism is always welcome.
        Im referring to this piece of text that you add at the end of every post you make .....

Screenshot_14.jpg

I keep reading it as i think its part of your posts .... that's why i suggest you add it as a signature, as Im sure that is what you're trying to achieve ?

So, click on "settings" top right .... then look for "Edit Signature" ... past that text in there, and it will be your sig in every post .... like mine ...

Screenshot_17.jpg
        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
          Im referring to this piece of text that you add at the end of every post you make .....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2411[/ATTACH]

I keep reading it as i think its part of your posts .... that's why i suggest you add it as a signature, as Im sure that is what you're trying to achieve ?

So, click on "settings" top right .... then look for "Edit Signature" ... past that text in there, and it will be your sig in every post .... like mine ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2412[/ATTACH]
          Ah, ok, now I'm with you.

That is my signature that I added in the settings as you suggested. I did that when joining, the same day.

I don't add it on every post, that is the idea with the signature, right.

Reading it now again, it doesn't have the same ring to it anymore. So, I will remove my "signature" from my setting and you don't have to read it every time you read a post of mine, saving you a few seconds on my posts, just because I am cool like that

Comment

• I see now it italic and a different colour too. I wouldn't go through that effort.

Your screenshot looks a bit different to my Tapatalk. I will remove it when I'm at my computer
            RudiC
            Last edited by RudiC; 12 June 2020, 15:23.

Comment

• Removed, found a way in Tapatalk [emoji106][emoji482]

Comment

• Thanks Rudi

Sent from my SM-A750F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by RudiC View Post
                  I see now it italic and a different colour too. I wouldn't go through that effort.

Your screenshot looks a bit different to my Tapatalk. I will remove it when I'm at my computer

Yours didn't come up as a sig on my side ... It's was definitely part of your post ??
                  Almost like the next paragraph starting, so I usually keep reading

Mine has a gap then a line and then my sig follows in a different colour. maybe try redoing it from a PC ?

Comment

• Same for me.. But then sometimes I post will paragraphs and lists, and all my text then just gets concatenated together
                    Cheers,
                    Lang
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• Originally posted by JIGSAW View Post
                      Yours didn't come up as a sig on my side ... It's was definitely part of your post ??
                      Almost like the next paragraph starting, so I usually keep reading [emoji14]

Mine has a gap then a line and then my sig follows in a different colour. maybe try redoing it from a PC ?
                      I have removed it, simplest way. The reason I had that on is that I didn't want the message say, sent from a 1986 Tedelex fax machine. But I'm ok with no signature

Comment

• Originally posted by Langchop View Post
                        Same for me.. But then sometimes I post will paragraphs and lists, and all my text then just gets concatenated together
                        I just started using Tapatalk, so I setup a few accounts and just changed the standard signature. To me it looked as it should, different colour and italic. But the screenshot I saw was nothing like on my screen lol. All good

Comment

• Thanks to you now I dont have a sent from..... bla bla anymore. It's not to easy to find on tapatalk. So thanks

Comment

• All good Rudi. Though I would have been super impressed if you were in fact sending messages from your 1986 Tedelex fax machine.
                            Cheers,
                            Lang
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            "Dudddde...Hold my beer!".... ; "I wonder what will happen if I ...."

Comment

• Roflol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2415[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Originally posted by jannieverjaar View Post
                                Thanks to you now I dont have a sent from..... bla bla anymore. It's not to easy to find on tapatalk. So thanks
                                Glad it helped someone hahaha [emoji23][emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                                X