Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanitisers/Sterilizers - what's the best, really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
    going there tomorrow - they have a branch in Spartan, Kempton park
    Cool, it's not far from me. Do they accept walk-in's?

Comment

Originally posted by CaPunT View Post
      Cool, it's not far from me. Do they accept walk-in's?
      Yup, spoke to Kim in sales, she said they deal directly with the public

33 Brussels rd, Aeroton, Spartan- just around the corner from Holstein butchery - a good place for lunch..

Comment

Yup, spoke to Kim in sales, she said they deal directly with the public

33 Brussels rd, Aeroton, Spartan- just around the corner from Holstein butchery - a good place for lunch..
        Awesome, will also pop in there sometime

Comment

going there tomorrow - they have a branch in Spartan, Kempton park
          Will you have a look if they have yeast in stock for walk ins or how we can order please.

Comment

Originally posted by PaBz0r View Post
            Will you have a look if they have yeast in stock for walk ins or how we can order please.
            The ones I bought was liquid yeast that's made to order, Lead time was 2 weeks in the cape.

Comment

Popped into the store yesterday afternoon and bought some Sanitiser directly from Y-Clean, nice little shop and good service.

R90 ex VAT for the 1litre bettix bottle. Dilution rate of 15ml/ 10 liters of water. The powdered oxygenated detergent was out of stock, but at R48 for 500grams (10-15grams per litre mixing ratio) I was keen to get some to soak my fermenters and get rid of any protein build up.

Comment

Those are good prices
                The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

Popped into the store yesterday afternoon and bought some Sanitiser directly from Y-Clean, nice little shop and good service.

R90 ex VAT for the 1litre bettix bottle. Dilution rate of 15ml/ 10 liters of water. The powdered oxygenated detergent was out of stock, but at R48 for 500grams (10-15grams per litre mixing ratio) I was keen to get some to soak my fermenters and get rid of any protein build up.
                  Hmmm i was just wondering about how much they are charging for their "PBW", since they have not pricing on their site.
                  Do you remember how much their larger options cost...?
                  EDIT: I just popped them a mail asking, don't worry

I came across a post on Fb and PBW is essentially 70% Sodium Percarbonate and 30% Sodium Metasilicate.
                  At www.chemlabsupplies.co.za I can "make" 2.4Kg of "PBW" for R181.89 incl delivery and i'll have enough Sod.Meta. for another 2.4Kg in the future(just get another 2Kg Sod.Per.)
                  CaPunT
                  Last edited by CaPunT; 5 November 2020, 22:24.

Comment

Hmmm i was just wondering about how much they are charging for their "PBW", since they have not pricing on their site.

I came across a post on Fb and PBW is essentially 70% Sodium Percarbonate and 30% Sodium Metasilicate.
                    At www.chemlabsupplies.co.za I can "make" 2.4Kg of "PBW" for R181.89 incl delivery and i'll have enough Sod.Meta. for another 2.4Kg in the future(just get another 2Kg Sod.Per.)
                    I think its the powdered oxygen cleaner? Its R50 for 500 grams. But yeah mixing your own works out cheap if you are correct

Comment

Originally posted by Jitters View Post
                      Hi guys,

Found a place called silicone.co.za they sell acid based no rinse santizer. 15ml per 10L paid R90 for 1L so pretty cheap. They also have oxygen cleaner paid R50 for 500g.

They make liquid yeast as well R95 bucks a vial but it does take 2 weeks for them to propogate.

https://www.silicone.co.za/brands/by-labs/
                      https://www.silicone.co.za/y-clean-2...manufacturing/

They based in epping, you will need to drive.
                      Would you guys say that the Y clean sanitiser and the powdered alkaline cleaner is all that is needed for soaking fermenter, kegs and bottles?

And about reusing. Can you only reuse sanitiser?

Comment

Hi CaPunT
                        What is the mixing rate for that homemade PBW? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X