This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlexBrew View Post
    My Centennial Blonde. Brewed 13/04. Bottled 27/04. OG 1.052 FG 1.010 5.5% abv ..
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3299[/ATTACH]
    First brew using the gelatin as advised (thank you very much!) Quite clear. Beer was quite cold (2°C) at the time of serving.. so couldn't get a good picture .. doh.. glass keeps frosting over. Very smooth drinking.
    My centennial I just finished is quite a bit blonder. [emoji16]
    Are you using supermarket gelatin?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris S View Post
      My centennial I just finished is quite a bit blonder. [emoji16]
      Are you using supermarket gelatin?
      I suppose depends on your grainbill .. but if it's the same then I guess my photos taken after sundown. See if I can get a daytime pic!

Yes, got gelatin a Spar .. R50 for like an entjie box full.

Comment

• Amber Ale, yesterday afternoon celebrating my son's birthday, cheers!

What a huge difference gelatin makes...

2021-05-27.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Dewald Posthumus View Post
          Amber Ale, yesterday afternoon celebrating my son's birthday, cheers!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3329[/ATTACH]
          Beautifull colour .. nice creamy head..

Comment

Amber Ale, yesterday afternoon celebrating my son's birthday, cheers!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3329[/ATTACH]
            Very nice! Cheers

Comment

• Lager running out now

Comment

• ^

Running out because you are drinking doubles!

Comment

• ROF.jpg

The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

^

Running out because you are drinking doubles!
                    True story.. vrou drink my voorraad op

Comment

• The Irish Red Lager turned out pretty red in the end. Pretty red and pretty clear. Really, really happy with this beer. Falling fast, 750ml at a time...

PS, I see why taking pics in the sun is a good idea. Beers look GORGEOUS!

Comment

• She does indeed look good
                        The Problem With The World Is That Everyone Is A Few Drinks Behind.!

Comment

• Originally posted by Toxxyc View Post
                          The Irish Red Lager turned out pretty red in the end. Pretty red and pretty clear. Really, really happy with this beer. Falling fast, 750ml at a time...

Well done looking great!! How is the sweetness and what yeast did you use?

Comment

The Irish Red Lager turned out pretty red in the end. Pretty red and pretty clear. Really, really happy with this beer. Falling fast, 750ml at a time...

Nice looking beer... adding this one to my brew list.

Comment

It makes a huge difference, you can see the colour in all of it's splendour and appreciate the beer even more..

My usual sun spot is no more in the winter sun, I need to find a new setting to take pictures of my beer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jitters View Post
                                Well done looking great!! How is the sweetness and what yeast did you use?
                                Sweetness is spot on, to be honest. The roasty notes (that are spot on for the style, but not to my taste) are still there and I swear if I'd not boost the sweetness like I did, I would think this is closer to an off-colour stout than an Irish Red. There are notes of caramel, malt sugar and honey throughout the beer, from the nose to the finish. Far end of it finishes dry and you wouldn't believe it's a dry beer. There's a ton of mouthfeel and it has a very "nourishing" feel to it. It's a good beer. I'll make it again, but cut back on the roasted malts for sure.

I used Lallemand's Diamond Lager yeast on this one. Fermented to completion in 3.5 days due to a huuuuuge yeast cake.

Comment

Working...
                                X